• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Custom Made Servo Wires and wiring

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So in an attempt to give back to 3drcf for giving me so much useful advice, I have some that will hopefully be good for someone here. I've looked around and haven't seen this type of stuff posted, so I don't think I'll be stepping on anyone's toes or double posting. If I do, I apologize and the mod should delete it.

Like probably everyone else here, I like my servo wires or any wires for that matter to be as clean as possible and as short as I can get them. Routing them how I want not how the length of the wires tell me to... to keep things clean, out of the way and professional looking. Well I found this site that has the solution to making your own wires and terminating them with multiple choices. The name of the site is Hansen Hobbies and what your looking for is the Deluxe RC Connector Kit - Version II. It is a bit spendy, the Complete Kit is $159.95 - The complete kit with wire Stripper is $167.95. I can tell you this, if you do a lot of building or repair work they will pay for themselves in no time at all. Be aware though you will most likely become pretty popular at the field for a while because your friends will want you to make them some. :scaredchair: Anyway I hope this has been useful information to someone and if so pass it on.

Many thanks to those who have helped me.

Bush

Nalby

50cc
I've had that set for years and have made tons of extensions. I've used that crimper on everything from my car to a 3d printer. Hansen Hobbies is also a pleasure to deal with

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
So in an attempt to give back to 3drcf for giving me so much useful advice, I have some that will hopefully be good for someone here. I've looked around and haven't seen this type of stuff posted, so I don't think I'll be stepping on anyone's toes or double posting. If I do, I apologize and the mod should delete it.

Like probably everyone else here, I like my servo wires or any wires for that matter to be as clean as possible and as short as I can get them. Routing them how I want not how the length of the wires tell me to... to keep things clean, out of the way and professional looking. Well I found this site that has the solution to making your own wires and terminating them with multiple choices. The name of the site is Hansen Hobbies and what your looking for is the Deluxe RC Connector Kit - Version II. It is a bit spendy, the Complete Kit is $159.95 - The complete kit with wire Stripper is $167.95. I can tell you this, if you do a lot of building or repair work they will pay for themselves in no time at all. Be aware though you will most likely become pretty popular at the field for a while because your friends will want you to make them some. :scaredchair: Anyway I hope this has been useful information to someone and if so pass it on.

Many thanks to those who have helped me.

Bush

Nice!!! Do you have any pictures? i would love to see what you've done!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I would love to post some pics, but I dumped my plane. As you know I had to order another one. Once I put this one back together I will post some up. For now I can post up what you get when you buy it.

Last edited by a moderator: