• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA 50 Fuel Tank Size?

What size tank would you recommend for 10-15 minutes of mostly 3D flying?

I'm not talking the high energy, wtfo, flying. Harriers, hovering, rollers etc...

BJ Swope

properly tuned a 16oz tank should be more than enough. the maneuvers you mentioned don't require full throttle a lot. so that engine should use minimal fuel.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I use a 24 oz. But then again, I love the extreme high energy and do get into the wot a bit. But still get a good 12-15 minute flight and have about half a tank or better upon landing.

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
I use a 24 oz. But then again, I love the extreme high energy and do get into the wot a bit. But still get a good 12-15 minute flight and have about half a tank or better upon landing.
I use 24oz too. I don't mind landing after a 12-15 min flight with 1/3 tank or more. Its the oh ShEEEEEET I'm OOF, " DEAD stICk", hey move over a little im coming in sol.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I use about 14 ounces a flight with my DA 50's for a 10 minute flight. Slightly more with a tuned pipe. I still run a 24oz tank because I like to be sure, though it is overkill.