• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wanted DA or DLE 50/55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Just got home from a swap meet where I couldn't pass up a 2nd hand GP Christen Eagle but need an engine now.

Let me know if you've got one in good condition please, with or without muffler. images.jpg

Thanks
Bart

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
You have a great memory! I sold one not too long ago, I don't usually like to let stuff sit on the shelf, especially when I'm really not flying. Didn't make it to the field at all last year as a kitchen project that I started in March became one big problem after another and it spread to be a renovation or improvement of most of the first floor. So I've been too busy and now that it's finally back under control I stumbled upon a Christen Eagle for the very reasonable asking price of $75 and who could say no to that!!??!!

So I need an engine and would naturally prefer a DA but would settle on a DLE if one comes along.

Thanks.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I just looked at my thread from last year, the engine went to @RICHARD VOS ....if he sees this and hasn't used it or wants to sell it back I'd be up for that. :)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I had that plane. Really good looking bird. Flew it with a big saito twin.

Saw a DA50 for 325 over yonder on FG classifieds. But if I was in your shoes I would be willing to try an AGM 55. Dirt cheap NIB on ebay.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Get you one of the 60cc twins to go in it. I have a couple of the RCGF and a DLE, two 1/3 scale Pitts with the twins and could not be happier. I also have one of the CRRC 55cc twin, sweet little engine and far less than a used DA. You can get any one of the three brands I mention here http://www.ibcinyourc.com/.

Last edited:

JoeT

50cc
The little CRRC55 Twin is a hidden gem. Nearly electric in throttle response no burble and smooth as silk.

I wish they made a 70 and a 120.

You can't go wrong with the crrc.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Thanks for the replies guys. I've got a DA-50 lined up from a guy on FG, thanks for the suggestion.

I remember when CRRC first showed up, I bought a 50 for the plane in my avatar but got cold feet and sold it before running it based on what people were saying on FG. I replaced it with a YDA-56 which was a total piece of crap. Glad to hear some of these brands are doing better for you guys.

I'd be curious to know if anyone is flying the GP Eagle or Pitts with less than 50cc and how it's doing. The guy I bought it from had a G45 in it and he liked it. My only reference is the PAU Pitts that I had for a while that was smaller with a DA-50 in it. I miss having a biplane so the Eagle is going to be getting a lot of love very soon, just need to find or make I struts.. :) Thanks again.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Bartman,
I have a Great Planes Pitts with the CRRC 55cc twin in it, the left pic. It is absolutely a perfect match, a little overpowered but well within reason for a Pitts. Also have a scratch built Andy Sheber designed Pitts with an RCGF 60cc twin, another sweet flyer.

Attachments

• P1080435.JPG
    P1080435.JPG
    642.2 KB · Views: 605
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 593
Status
Not open for further replies.