• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dalton 260 vs 3DHS 330LX for IMAC

thurmma

150cc
I don't want to start brand wars here but, I would like input from anyone who has flown both of these aircraft and your thoughts. I am currently flying the 330LX and working through the trimming/mixing process but, just found a very good deal on a Dalton 260 that all of my equipment would slide right into.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I really can't answer your question as I've not flown either one to any extent that i could give a fair comparison. However I have seen both flown very well thru unlimited IMAC and when set up properly they are both certainly capable. You see WAY more Daltons than the 3DHS in IMAC though.

My biggest complaint about the 330LX is the blue/yellow color scheme is difficult to see at times. I've watched and judged my good friend Christopher Thorpe flying his for a few years now and we have discussed changing the top of the wings. Haven't seen/judged newer ones.

thurmma

150cc
My biggest complaint with the LX is the nasty coupling to the gear. Balance is right where it seems to fly the best. I have mixed out a lot of the coupling issues and it is flying much better but, I want something that don't require almost 10% rudder to elevator mixing to fly somewhat level when doing simple course corrections.

I may just get my Dalton 300 out tonite and fly it. It is a work horse! I remember a slight pull to the gear with my 300, I think.

I have flown against several D260's in the NC region, in years past.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
My biggest complaint with the LX is the nasty coupling to the gear. Balance is right where it seems to fly the best. I have mixed out a lot of the coupling issues and it is flying much better but, I want something that don't require almost 10% rudder to elevator mixing to fly somewhat level when doing simple course corrections.
Sounds like you need a bit more forward CG? That should increase the up elev trim needed for level flight and therefore reduce the tuck to the gear in KE.

Such a sweetie to fly! Forgot how well it draws lines.

Attachments

• 20160629_180138.jpg
    20160629_180138.jpg
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 537