• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

Step 1 from manual.
Dry fit tail pieces...

IMG_7610.JPG

then glue...
I am using epoxy glue, that cures in about 24 hours. Very slow glue.
Vpoxy. Sets in 1 hour. But it will be in the clamps for 24 hours or so.

IMG_7611.JPG

Then glue..
however, steps, important to know, for all others who want to build this kit.
1st, look at both sides, the right side is shorter than the left side.
Also, the firewall is higher on the right side than on the left side.
Must know this orientation to make it properly.

2nd, F1 former, the ring like structure, it has to be assembled in following order

insert right side into F1, then push out into tabs. gets locked in.
then left side into F1. (could go either way, i chose right side 1st), this order does not matter.
Ok, then insert firewall. Then the MBB (motor box bottom).

then, insert the gas tank tray, then last is the front of the gas tank tray piece.

Once happy with dry fit, time to glue all these parts together.

However, the gear plate, will not be glued yet, but, should be put in place and held with tape or clamps during the glue in process/clamping. to assure it remains square.

IMG_7613.JPG

Last edited:

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Sweet Cam! Back in the build saddle all ready. Is this for you or are you building for another pilot?

To be honest with you, i love building. Tony sent this to me last year, and I ordered it, in fear that the kit would be based out, although no one has said that it would. I love the design and admire it. It was my goal to build this one next and the P51 is still in the back-burner. So for now, I will be building it, and if anyone wants to buy it, i will be glad to sell it. I will build it very slowly, no rush. One step every few days. It may take 1 to 2 years to complete. The good thing is, i learned so much from the 1st Dalton I built, and unlike the first kit, which was pre-sheeted, on this one, I will have to do all those as well. SO it will be definitely more challenging. Hopefully in 2 years from now, I will build a Carden Pro.