• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dave Gee's recent Safety Column

Did everyone get a chance to read Dave Gee's column in the most recent Model Aviation? He shares a real "down to earth" view on the abuse of Club Rules. It was a breath of fresh air for me to find out that someone else also feels this way.

I think it was very insightful of him to point out that if Clubs begin to post silly little rules, then members will lose respect for all the rules, including the important ones.

The point he raised about knowing that what we do can be dangerous, but the payoff being worth the risk was level headed. Trying to outlaw what we do simply because it could be dangerous is just silly.

Finally, I got a chuckle out of his comment that someone should put a transmitter in the hands of those who try to restrict us and teach them how to do a loop.

I sent Dave an email to let him know how much I appreciated his perspective.

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
I'll have to check it out, I've corresponded with him several times, he even used a few paragraphs I sent to him in his column once and he always struck me as having pretty good sense.

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
I did read it and I agree! It's no different than our actual legal system, here in the US. Sometimes you feel you need a <ctrl><alt><delete>!