• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 61 prop

emtp275

100cc
Ok so the short of it.... I'm about to order a DLE 61 this week for an 89 slick, issue I'm having is that the props they recomend are much smaller than the props people are using for break in, I'm looking for an owner that can help me out here..... Haha I could try one then another but who wants to waste all that beer money?

gyro

GSN Contributor
emtp275;2629 wrote: Ok so the short of it.... I'm about to order a DLE 61 this week for an 89 slick, issue I'm having is that the props they recomend are much smaller than the props people are using for break in, I'm looking for an owner that can help me out here..... Haha I could try one then another but who wants to waste all that beer money?

I had the DLE61, but didn't keep it long... seemed weaker to me than a GP61 I had. Either way, it couldn't handle the 24x10 I was using on the GP61, so I switched down to a 24x9 but it still didn't spool quick enough for me. Finally settled on the 23x10 and that worked nicely for me. I think the 23x10 or 24x8 would be about tops for this motor. I've heard lots of smart engine guys say break in smaller, and the same amount say break in on what you're going to use... so since I like the idea of only buying one prop per engine, that's what I'd recommend. Good luck!

emtp275

100cc
Thanks for the insight, yea I have props laying around the house now and it's sick to think to yourself..... Humm yea at 30$ A pop (for woodies) I'm sitting in a gold mine much less CF LOL

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
emtp275;4179 wrote: [MENTION=163]ChickenBalls[/MENTION] Glad My post could get your ass out of the slime of Glow fuel!!

Well I'll keep the paper towels handy, maybe one day I'll turn the smoke on Flossy, and need em.