Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Don smith corsair

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by robo007, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Hi guys looking for recomendtions for an engine for my project don smith1/4scale corsair
    Thanks

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

stangflyer likes this.
  2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

That's the 120 inch one? Moki 250, but the cost is hard to swallow. Other than that one of the big four cylinders, DA200 DLE222 or a big 3W. The ZDZ 180 twin is a powerhouse and getting popular. Lots of choices.

robo007 and 49dimes like this.
  3. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Warbird with a big radial is hard to beat. Nothing like a high speed low pass with a radial being over revved.

robo007, 49dimes and Jetpainter like this.
  4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

What do you know about that? I was actually just looking at the DS F4U Corsair. There are some really great videos on YouTube. This plane literally "SREAMS" Moki 250 radial. And truthfully, if I were ever to do one...(I may after the DS Stang) price tag or not, Moki would be on tap. I will agree a big quad would be nice. You can't beat the "growl" of the big "dub" quad. Or even the DLE. My friend has a CompArf P47 with a Moki 250. Dang...that thing is so awe inspiring. Yup, I would have to eat raman noodles for two years, but I would buy a Moki.

robo007, 49dimes and Jetpainter like this.
  5. I was looking to buy moki online as they dont sell them here in israel couldnt find an on line shop all i found was asp 400 raidial wich i dont know any thing about

49dimes likes this.

6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

The ASP 400 is a glow motor and only about 60cc. Way to small an engine for your need. Moki 250 5 cylinder or 7 cylinder would be an excellent choice as @stangflyerand @Jetpainter said. 250cc of fire breathing ROAR!

7. How about rcs 250?

49dimes likes this.
  8. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

RCS would do great too. Side by side pics of the 5 and 7 cylinder radials. I think the RCS line is made in Italy and Moki in Poland.

There also may be waiting lists for both. I have seen good deals come on ebay for the Moki's.

Moki rcs250r_015555555.jpg RCS Ge95904.jpg Moki p-18268.jpg RCS arton511.jpg

stangflyer likes this.
  9. Attached Files:

stangflyer, Jetpainter and 49dimes like this.
  10. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

stangflyer and acerc like this.