• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Edge540 Hybrid 55" Rainy Day with Santiago Perez!

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Hey everyone here at 3DRC! Team pilot Santiago Perez and Pete took the 55" EDGE out for a spin on a rainy day in Socal for some fun hucking around and more testing!

Some feedback from Pete and Santiago:

This EPP hybrid EDGE 540 is really one of the most capable ARF aerobatic airplanes that either of us have experienced in this size! Super well rounded flight character from absolute 3D to sport flying to even just your casual and fun trainer! Very forgiving in most areas due to a supper light weight frame and floaty characteristics. The Edge also really excels at the high energy maneuvers!

We gave you a sneak peek last week, but now here is the full flight video!

Check it out:

[video=youtube;Qc-VttGaFmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-VttGaFmI[/video]

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the new video of the 55" EDGE 540!

Team Aerobeez

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

thanks guys that video is great fun! really makes me want to get one of these for my "in the trunk" airplane! flies good in the wind, does great pop tops, blenders, crankshafts, etc.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Awesome vid and flying! Sounds pretty windy and the EPP seems to hold it's own. Super agile and crazy response! What did you use for the power system? It's got lots of power!

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
As you can see from the video the plane is great fun. Even though it's EPP is extremely stiff, I'm running a 6S setup on mine. I'm hoping to get some video of mine this weekend.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
As you can see from the video the plane is great fun. Even though it's EPP is extremely stiff, I'm running a 6S setup on mine. I'm hoping to get some video of mine this weekend.

Very cool [MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION]! We would love to see your Edge up in the air when you get a chance. Thanks for checking out our vid and Happy Hump Day!

Team Aerobeez

syzyguy

50cc
14x7 is my favorite so far... But I don't really have a big variety to play with to see if there is something better. What are you swinging bloosee?

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
14x7 is my favorite so far... But I don't really have a big variety to play with to see if there is something better. What are you swinging bloosee?

14x7 Xoar wood prop. Performs really well but I can't help but thinking a 15x7 would be better, I just don't think the Hengli motor will handle it well.