• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EF 48" Laser EXP

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
This is one of my favorites so I thought I'd start a thread, flys precision super well, but does the most violent tumbles, KE spins with easy and does one of the best pop top there is, just a great plane

Attachments

• IMG_3642.jpg
    IMG_3642.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,914

hone

150cc
I have some spare HS-65s and a 50A Esc lying around and have been thinking of getting one of these to throw around the park before or after work. I didn't like the scheme at first but it has grown on me :) The plane definitely looks different than all the other planes out right now.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just sold my laser to go "bigger" but man could that plane spin and tumble!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345593843.899244.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345593858.224512.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345593876.869779.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Got it to work!!

[ v i d e o = vimeo;44170438]http://vimeo.com/44170438[ / v i d e o ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
I love my Laser too! it seems to have no weakness in it's flight envelope, it's just great at everything! It looks fantastic too.

Mine is powered by a Motrolfly DM-2820-750kv spinning a Xoar 13x7, Gens Ace 2200mAh, 30c, 4s, Savox servos all round. Only thing to watch is the Laser will come out nose heavy if you use any power set up heavier than the one I'm running. It needs to balance at the former behind the wing tube for close to neutral CG and even with my relatively light battery that is only achieved with the battery hard up on the wing tube. You could of course add tailwaight but I'd hate to have to do that:eek:

Attachments

• DSCN1262.jpg
    DSCN1262.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 610

gyro

GSN Contributor
I love my Laser too! it seems to have no weakness in it's flight envelope, it's just great at everything! It looks fantastic too.

Mine is powered by a Motrolfly DM-2820-750kv spinning a Xoar 13x7, Gens Ace 2200mAh, 30c, 4s, Savox servos all round. Only thing to watch is the Laser will come out nose heavy if you use any power set up heavier than the one I'm running. It needs to balance at the former behind the wing tube for close to neutral CG and even with my relatively light battery that is only achieved with the battery hard up on the wing tube. You could of course add tailwaight but I'd hate to have to do that:eek:

I had a similar setup on mine before I sold it. 2820-855kv, 13x6 prop, and a lot of get up and go. I had the hs-5085mg in the tail, which I think resolved the balance issue you mention above since my battery was about 3/4" forward of the wing tube for neutral.

grimgrinnin

New to GSN!
Love my Laser. Anyone else have to make quotation marks with your fingers whenever you say "Laser"?

IMG9519-L.jpg

IMG9523-L.jpg

Attachments

• IMG9519-M.jpg
    IMG9519-M.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 587