• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Eflite Power 160 setups

Do-rag

100cc
Just picked up a used Eflite Power 160 and a CC HV ice2 160 speed control. Looking for suggestions on battery setup and recommended props. It will be on an 80" OMP Edge profile at around 11lbs.

Jace

50cc
•Type: Brushless outrunner

•Size: Equivalent to or surpassing the power of a 160-size 2-stroke glow engine

•Bearings or Bushings: One 8 x 19 x 6mm Bearing, and Two 8 x 16 x 5 Bearings

•Wire Gauge: 13

•Recommended Prop Range: 18x8 to 20x10

•Voltage: 33.3–38.4

•RPM/Volt (Kv): 245

•Resistance (Ri): .03 ohms

•Idle Current (Io): 1.45A @ 10V

•Continuous Current: 60A

•Maximum Burst Current: 78A (15 sec)

•Cells: 28–32 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd or 9S–10S Li-Po

•Speed Control: 85–110A High Voltage Brushless

•Weight: 650 g (23.0 oz)

•Overall Diameter: 63mm (2.50 in)

•Shaft Diameter: 8mm (.30 in) (Includes two 12mm threaded prop shaft adapters with 1.5 pitch)

•Overall Length: 64mm (2.50 in)

Google is amazing! :running-lol:

Do-rag

100cc
Yes it is and I have that information already. However was looking for people who have this motor and what setups they were running. Specifications are good but experience is better.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
I used to follow the EF 78 Extra thread over at RC groups. I know a lot of guys there are using that motor there. Its a similar sized plane so I would guess that is a good plane to start. I hope this helps.

Do-rag

100cc
Patroller;12233 wrote: I used to follow the EF 78 Extra thread over at RC groups. I know a lot of guys there are using that motor there. Its a similar sized plane so I would guess that is a good plane to start. I hope this helps.

Thanks I will look at that thread and their set ups. At this point I have used ecalc and decided on a 10s LIPO setup and will run a 20x10 or 19x10 APC. Should put me at 2800 to 3000 watts. Once the batteries get here and I have time to put it together I will post my findings.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I've got an E-Flite 110 and CC Edge 75A ESC that are going in my old Sig 1/4 scale clipped wing Cub. Never went this big with electric, do they really perform as well as the 2 stroke glow equivalent?

A 110 would be like a 150 or 180 4-stroke glow then, right? Running dual 4S in series, starting out with some old 25-50C 6000mah packs to see how they do.

Do-rag

100cc
Bart not sure on the glow equivalent. The rest just depends on what kind of performance you are looking for. Do you have a all up weight for the plane, motor, speed control, and batteries. If you give me that we can run it through ecalc and look at different props and estimated watts per pound. This will give an idea of where to start and what to expect.

Before anybody jumps on me I am new to the larger electrics as well so we can learn together.

Simon

30cc
have had that motor and a CC HV120 in a Goldwing Yak55M
flew it with a 20x10 APC and 10s 5000 30c packs
not a bad setup for a big-ish plane
seemed to work quiet well
don't think would go much biggr prop wise
maybe if the plane was lighter
Si