Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 125" Extra 300 V2 w/DLE-222 Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by vegasking, Aug 7, 2015.

1. vegasking

vegasking 70cc twin V2

I recently bought a Extreme Flight 125" Extra 300 V2 at the Extreme 3D event in Russellville, KY. Thought about buying a DA-200 for it if I could sell my 126" Slick RTF but ended up stripping it down and used the almost new 222 and radio gear out of it and sold the 126" airframe. It 's going to have six MKS HV777's in the wings and two MKS X8 HBL380's for the elevators and two more 380's for the rudder powered by two Futaba R7008SB receivers running into a Powerbox Champion SRS powered by two Pulse 5000 mah 7.4 packs. Going to add smoke and use a Powerbox smoke pump.

Attached Files:

Bartman likes this.
  2. vegasking

vegasking 70cc twin V2

Had to cut 2" off the motorbox to allow for the DLE-222. I ask Chris about getting a airframe with a motorbox made for the DA-200 or for the DLE-222 and he said that the had some in the past but there wasn't a big enough demand for them so all the had was ones for the twin engines.

Attached Files:

WMcNabb likes this.
  3. vegasking

vegasking 70cc twin V2

While the paint was curing and thinking of how I was going to the baffles for the engine I installed the 777's in the wings and matched them with the Powerbox.

Attached Files:

4. vegasking

vegasking 70cc twin V2

With half an idea of how I was going to build the baffles I started and came up with them by trial and error. Made about 3 sets of templates till I got close to what I wanted and tackled problems as the came up. I spent way more time with these than I wanted to and was getting tired of them. After almost two full days of cutting, sanding and painting I think they came out pretty good.

5. vegasking

vegasking 70cc twin V2

With the cowl and baffles down I started on the elevators. Only problem I had is with the wider carbon fiber arms on the MKS 380's, they hit both of the cutouts made in the servo covers before the throw I wanted so I ended up slotting them more and on the up direction even had to cut past the edge of the cover into the stab about 1/4" to get the full throw. I know this isn't a hardcore 3D airframe and full throw is probably not needed, but we got it if we need it.

Attached Files:

6. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 100cc

TN, USA
    Look great!

7. It has always baffled me how something so simple can be such a pain in the arse.

I bet you are going to be very happy with this combo.

Robbins likes this.
  8. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

Great looking build, that is going to be a sweet combo for sure! Bummer on the elevator arms!

9. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Beautiful work. Two full days of cutting, sanding and painting paid off rather nicely.:way_to_go:

10. Since I am new to baffling an engine, I was looking at your design and was wondering how all of the hot air is going to escape the engine box? It didn't look like there was enough room behind the back cylinders for the air to exit unless you have the top formed and curved to direct the air more efficiently through the space at the back of the cylinders. Just curious and hoping for an explanation. I like the way it is setup, just curious on the "exit strategy" for the heat.

stangflyer likes this.