• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

First gasser 30cc....

Hoverin

30cc
Hey guys, I have a few questions regarding my first gasser build. I got this ARF from HK, yeah I know, but this is leagues ahead from what you would expect from them. Absolutely love the scheme and hardware is up to scratch etc etc... Only faults is having to make more control horns to double everything up and strengthening the rudder tray...

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__52738__Slick_540_3D_Aerobat_Balsa_30CC_1930mm_ARF_AU_Warehouse_.html

First question is what is a good size tank for a DLE 30? The tank with the kit is small and I understand gassers use less but just want to double check...

Next is it has a tunnel for a canister but I'll be using a J-Tech wrap around Pitts muffler. I'm thinking I'll have to block off the tunnel and other holes etc as this leads directly into electronics area?

Thirdly what's a good sealant/dope, whatever to run around the firewall/motorbox with?

Thanks for any help guys.... D...:thumbup:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Id say a 16 oz tank. An 8 oz is going to be dry in 8 minutes.

Blocking off the canister tunnel is a good idea. Remember to open up enough cowl area to have 3x the exit room as the vents the air comes in through.

As far as sealing the firewall etc. I like to just use thinned epoxy. Mix some epoxy up and thin it with alcohol. Denatured or just plane rubbing alcohol... I have used both with similar results. Mix it till it runs just about like paint and brush it on with a disposable brush. There is no need to lay it up thick. I like to do the same thing on the inside of the motor box and around the tank area in case of any leaks.

Good luck!

Hoverin

30cc
Thanks Nate, so I'll need some 30 min epoxy?, mix as per normal, then add alcohol till desired consistency? and apply....

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
That is how I do it. Thete are other various paints you can buy as well but I like the thinned epoxy.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I use a WrongWayRC 12oz tank with my DLE 30.
I land after 15min with a quarter tank left, and I'm heavy on the throttle.

Hoverin

30cc
Thanks Nate, Gyro.... The tank that came with it is a 380cc so I'm right on the money, according to my limited maths skills... Looks sturdy too so I'll stick with it... I'll do a build thread when I get a chance, really impressed with this ARF...

Last edited by a moderator: