Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FlyawayClyde is saying Hello from Cornelius Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FlyawayClyde, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Hello everyone,
    I am Erik,
    51 years old, I have been modeling since I was 4, it started with an REVELL snap together model. I was hooked. I got into RC when I was 19, before that I flew C/L models combat and stunt. I own a double level N scale model railroad, that is in a dedicated 9.5x11.5 room. I model a freelance industrial park. Between 1993 & 1999. I took some time away from this hobby to feed my drug addition. And when I had enough of that, I came back to this hobby, to feed my OCD disorder. And now that I am still, just as addicted today to the pursuit of anything that keeps me away from my mundane life in the real world. I find this hobby of building models of any kind to be my physical therapy from insanity.
    So in 2006 I got into RC helicopters, that was an almost incurable disease that I couldn't shake for the better part of 7 years. And finally I got my first kit in nearly 20 years. And have been building again ever since. I have built now 7 kit built planes, vintage models from my youth, that I ether built before or wanted to build but didn't, because of my addiction or other interests. I am also a closet model hoarder, I have about 12 models in various scales and engine sizes that I have collected over the last few years that I like or want to build later.
    I am currently working on a .60 size CAP 232 that I had laser cut for me. It has been a real project because, it is not in my opinion the best designed short kit out there. And as such it has been a trying build. So I took a bit of a break from it during this last 5 months to work on recovering another model, and building a GP Giant Aeromaster, I outfitted it with a CRRC 55cc twin, Bluebird servos a SF board, W/ignition kill. I haven't flown it yet, I am still working on breaking in the engine, this is the first GS bird I have completed at this time and am not yet ready to maiden it yet.
    So that just about says what I need to say to tell you all a little about myself, Oh! I was directed here by Kevin Young from J/Tech Radiowave models, because I was interested in getting his 26% Pitts. Stangflyer just finished his build of one on here just a little bit ago, Wow that was a long 6 month build to say the least. And my hats off to him for doing such a fine job on the build.
    Also I am a builder first and a pilot second, and as such my flying skills show it. But I am alright with that, because when I first got into the hobby at the age of 4, it was the taking a bok of parts and assembling them that fascinated me so much, and again I have been hooked ever since.
    Thank you for letting me take a moment to introduce myself and say hello.
    God Bless and see you all inside the forums.
    Erik S.

Alky6, thurmma and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. Welcome aboard!!
    :welcome:

3. Thank you.

4. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

5. Thank you :joy:

6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Thanks for joining us and welcome to GST.

7. Thank you

8. Welcome to GSN!

9. thank you both.

10. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Welcome.