• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

For Sale: Futaba 8FG transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Futaba 8FG-Super 14-channel transmitter (mode-2) in excellent condition, lightly used, near mint, and still under factory warranty until October 2013. Still has factory protective plastic on LCD display as I never removed it. Bought this for a back-up radio and it has several 3D planes already programed in.

What's included: Futaba 8FG Super 14-channel transmitter, 1700 mAH standard NiMH battery pack (installed in transmitter), wall charger, lanyard, new RCVR switch harness, and manual. TX has smooth throttle action but ratcheting metal piece included. Be happy to install that if desired (Electronics Tech by trade;) at no extra charge.

IMG_0099.JPG

Price: $260 (firm) shipped (insured conn US) with payment via CC, MO, or PayPal.

Several FASST receivers also available for sale to the TX buyer first. Any remaining receivers will then be made available for sale to others. See post #4 below.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried telem back when I had a DX8 and used it to monitor the drive LiPo. But the budget LiPo packs I tend to use gave false telem alarms at WOT as the pack voltage would sag under heavy loads etc. Anymore I just time my flights. After I put several hundred flights on a new 3D frame, I kind of get a feel for the plane and just instinctively know when to land. Of course you can tell the difference in power between a full pack and one that is down even as little as 50%.

My new Jeti radio has telem, and I'm still not using the feature. But probably will eventually use it one day, especially if I get into a big gasser 100" plus 3D frame. Dear Santa...:->

8FG transmitter buyer also has the option of purchasing any one or more of
the following FASST receivers. Receivers that are "test flown" were done
so in my vibration free electric planes.

R6208SB 8-Ch + S-bus (like new, under warranty, test flown, perfect) $90

R617FS 7-Ch (new, under warranty, test flown, perfect) $65

R6106HF (new, under warranty) park flyer RX $50

TFR6-A 7-Ch FASST compatible (by FrSky, new) $40

Once the TX buyer has completed the deal and etc. the remaining receivers will be made available
to whomever else is interested.

This is a great workhorse radio offering the best bang for the buck in rock solid performance
and reliability. I wouldn't be selling it except that I got a new Jeti Duplex DS-16 system for my birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.