• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fixed Forum Spy....new feature!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I have to first throw a mention out to @Islandflyer who has been asking about this from day one!

There's a new feature at the site, it's called the Forum Spy, it lets you watch in real time as activity occurs at the site. Look for the word Spy in the NavBar just to the left of the Search bar and click it. It will open a window that should operate in real time showing activity at the site as it's happening.

If you don't want to watch the site's activity in real time you can elect to watch (also known as, subscribe) to entire sub-forums. Go to the forum that you want to watch and click the "Watch Forum" link at the top right of the listings screen
Watch-Forum.png

Once you click to Watch the forum you'll receive a notification email whenever there is a new thread started in that forum. It might be a good idea if you happen to really love a particular vendor you can "watch" that sub-forum for new announcements. If you are a vendor you can watch your own sub-forum for new posts so you know when someone is trying to reach out to you.

Great features make this forum software the best in the world and we're very happy to have it!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
my pleasure Herve,

keep in mind, the Spy does't look backwards at what's already been posted so when you click the Spy link it might take a minute or two for new posts to start showing up.

garlandk

100cc
And thank you very much to @garlandk for pointing me in the right direction to get this set up!
Glad it is working out! One of the reasons I like using Xenforo forums.

I would like to see the similar threads app added. This makes it so when an user types in a subject for a new topic like what is the best oil.... It will pop up a window that list similar threads with that topic already. It helps eliminate multiple threads over the same subject.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Glad it is working out! One of the reasons I like using Xenforo forums.

I would like to see the similar threads app added. This makes it so when an user types in a subject for a new topic like what is the best oil.... It will pop up a window that list similar threads with that topic already. It helps eliminate multiple threads over the same subject.
it takes me a day or two to figure out the process again for installing add-ons. the Spy only took me two days! now that i'm back in true Admin form I can add a few other things pretty easily.

fwiw, Kevin's been great about kicking me in the @%$ to make improvements! a few others too but Kevin's sending links to stuff I should be doing! lol

garlandk

100cc
Every time I log in I keep forgetting where to put the add ons on my server ha ha! Glad it is working out.