• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool Fromeco, above and beyond!

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Two days ago I began going through and over the Red Eagle for a trip to Top Gun. First up was to do two cycles on the batteries to verify they were good after sitting nearly a year. Turns out they were not any good would not take anywhere the same charge discharge numbers and on the third charge the charger notified of a bad cell. So I jumped on line to order some more from Fromeco only to find on the email order confirmation there was a one to two week lead time. Well that just sucked as I only have a few weeks to finish getting it ready then fly and get comfortable doing maneuvers with it. So I sent an email to Fromeco explaining my predicament and desperation for some batteries. Well!, tonight I get an email stating my order has been shipped. I have liked Fromeco from day one, great batteries, great people, and great service. But this just blows my mind, how great a company is to put such a rush on an individual's order. And knowing others were there before me adds to my appreciation of such individual customer service.

Thank you Fromeco !

Bipeguy03

150cc
I've been using solely Fromeco Batteries since I made the jump from Glow to Giant Scale 8 years ago and have never looked back.

The batteries are awesome, and if taken care of will generally last longer than even Fromeco says they will. I have a pack that is 6 years old and still goes strong.

But their customer service is second to none, and that is why I haven't bought a different brand of battery in a long time! Lol

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I haven't used Fromeco, but always have had them as my next choice. A123's have their limits, and LiPo's are not the best for the AK cold weather, so LION would be a good HV option over the A123 for me...

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been using solely Fromeco Batteries since I made the jump from Glow to Giant Scale 8 years ago and have never looked back.

The batteries are awesome, and if taken care of will generally last longer than even Fromeco says they will. I have a pack that is 6 years old and still goes strong.

But their customer service is second to none, and that is why I haven't bought a different brand of battery in a long time! Lol
I did the same and currently have around 16 pack's about five years old. Needless to say they will all be getting replaced extremely soon, I mean next month soon.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I haven't used Fromeco, but always have had them as my next choice. A123's have their limits, and LiPo's are not the best for the AK cold weather, so LION would be a good HV option over the A123 for me...
Fromeco is a fantastic company, once I ordered a battery pack for a 24v starter, of which they suggested it would not have the needed amp supply, but I tried anyway. Needles to say they were right and I called to tell them so. Also, being the great people they are Kurt sent me wraps (free of charge) so I could make two cell packs from all the cells. Keep this in mind regarding HV, as good as they are in their place they are not Li-Po kind of HV. But they do produce better and last longer than advertised.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Fromeco is a fantastic company, once I ordered a battery pack for a 24v starter, of which they suggested it would not have the needed amp supply, but I tried anyway. Needles to say they were right and I called to tell them so. Also, being the great people they are Kurt sent me wraps (free of charge) so I could make two cell packs from all the cells. Keep this in mind regarding HV, as good as they are in their place they are not Li-Po kind of HV. But they do produce better and last longer than advertised.

Well 7.4v LION is higher than the 6.6V A123 or am I missing what they look like under a load? A123's are known to loose voltage under current spikes or something like that for the hungry models out there.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I am talking amps not volts. The pack could not supply the extreme amp's the starter uses under load. The starter normally ran off a 3000mah 6 cell 30c Li-Po of which has a whole lot more amp capabilities than the Li-Ion.

2walla

50cc
ak you are wrong. Li-ion fall on their face if you over amp them. life or a123 dont.. thats why big models run 5000 mah li-ion packs. its not the oveall capacity but the generally low c rating of li-ion that drives the size.. life batteries beat all other chemistry out there on all all fronts except they are slightly lower voltage.. oh and there is so much demand for them it is hard for the small rc market to get the high quality cells we all want in our planes..

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Li-Ion are no different than any other battery if used appropriately, anything will fail if over powered. Fromeco's Li-Ion"s are genuine Samsung cell's and work flawlessly. If more amps are needed, as with any cell type, use a larger pack with dual outputs. Will they produce the amp's a Li-Po can feed, no. But they don't have to be removed from the airframe to be charged and they won't catch fire or any of the hazards of Li-Po. And for me the biggest reason I use them are they can be reliably measured for discharge, unlike A123/Li-Fe. So, there are many positives to a Li-Ion over other cell type's, it all depends on what one is looking to do.

Last edited: