• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 8FG(S)

I upgraded from a DX6i a while ago, and got a 8FG(S). Its an amazing radio! The transmitter is very fast and always feels locked in! Here's a thread all about the 8FG(s).

Chad

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Have to jump in and give kudos to the 8FG as well. So smooth and fast but so easy to program. It really is thought out for you on what you might need. Only negative is the timer volume, sure could be louder when flying a gas plane. 8FG users if you don't already have the FUTABA 8FG(S)- SUPPLEMENTARY NOTES download them. Nice streamlined down what you really need to know manual.

+1, I like the 8FG(S) so much I own 2 of them. :cool: However, the alarm needs to be louder or vibrate the radio or something to get my attention.

Doug B.

I agree. The timer is not nearly loud enough. I can't hear it when flying my small electrics... I have to look down at the transmitter. They should update that.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I can't hear it when flying my small electrics... I have to look down at the transmitter.

Just wait until you start flying a gasser, the alarm is harder yet to hear yet. You mention looking down at the transmitter, do you have the display set to the large view setting to see easier?

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Love my 8FG.

I'm running a 2s2500mA lipo.

Only get about 10hrs flying time out of it though before it hits LVC and I recharge.

LOve to be able to get 2-3 weeks flying out of one charge, but 10hrs only lasts me about 4-6 days.