• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gas related questions

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Joe what fuel line do you use, and how often do you replace it?
Do you use a weighted pickup in the tank or a filtered one?
What gas are you using, or another way to ask are you concerned about gas with alcohol?

Thanks

I use Tygon fuel tubing. I change clunk lines every season but I haven't had the same gas plane for 2 years so I am not sure how long I could go before changing all of the other lines.

I use a weighted pickup.

We use 87 with Stihl HP Ultra at 50:1

This is from a guy that keeps his planes for a long time. The yellow tygon will last about three years before getting hard. I'm now using a blue line from a friend of mine and Joe's (Chad) that is supposed to stay soft for a long time. Dennis

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
This is from a guy that keeps his planes for a long time. The yellow tygon will last about three years before getting hard. I'm now using a blue line from a friend of mine and Joe's (Chad) that is supposed to stay soft for a long time. Dennis
Got a source on the Blue Stuff?

I use a lot of his stuff. On the up coming set up of my new plane I will be using his 20ga. extensions and A123 batteries. I guess I should add that he sold me the plane. So if it doesn't fly right it's his fault. I never do anything wrong. LOL Dennis

Rick dazzler

70cc twin V2
I use a lot of his stuff. On the up coming set up of my new plane I will be using his 20ga. extensions and A123 batteries. I guess I should add that he sold me the plane. So if it doesn't fly right it's his fault. I never do anything wrong. LOL Dennis

HAHA!! Yes the blue line is available @www.taildraggerrc.com under gas engines and accessories.
I use it all around as it does not harden like tygon..

See I told you he would agree with me. He's got to spend more time here. He can bash a plane better then most. He can give Joe a run for his money. The difference is Joe lands in one piece. Chad forgets to bring his wings with him sometimes when he lands. LOL He needs to buy one of Joe's used plane. Dennis