Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Giant scale BEDE BD-8

Discussion in 'R/C Videos and Pictures' started by dominicm, May 11, 2018.

1. dominicm

dominicm 70cc twin V2

Dave Johnson is Chairman of the Large Model Association (LMA) in the UK. He doesn't just organise the shows, he participates in a big way. This is just one of the superb models he regularly flies at LMA events.

This model is powered by a DLE 222cc flat four cylinder petrol with 34 x 12 prop. All up weight is approx 40kg. The full size Bede BD-8 was an aerobatics aircraft developed in the United States in the mid-1970s. It was a low-wing, single-seat monoplane of conventional configuration, albeit very short-coupled, and of all-metal construction.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    pawnshopmike likes this.
  2. Very interesting. I know that Burt Rutan worked for Jim Bede about that time. I used to visit their factory in the early 70's, in Newton, KS. However, all I ever saw them working on was the Bede 5. Is this something that Bede designed but did not build?

3. dominicm

dominicm 70cc twin V2