• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

gyro

GSN Contributor
So, who out there has one of these powerhouses?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378517864.139948.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378517919.665300.jpg

Specs:

Displacement: 61cc

Weight: 3lbs 2.8oz

RPM: 1600~8900

Warranty: 2 years

RPM GP-61 with Mejzlik 24*8 EVO : 7250~7350

GP model engines are specially designed for giant scale model aircraft. All the critical components (cylinder,piston,ring) are manufactured in Taiwan.

Our piston and cylinder suppliers make some of the highest quality pistons in Asia. They supply pistons to companies like Rotax, Yamaha, Toyota, Honda....etc. Our engine uses the highest quality Germany made FAG bearing and real Japanese made Walbro carburettor. Each engine is test run before it is shipped to ensure that the engine will bring you the most stable performance while delivering the highest level of performance.

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I read about these a few days ago. was wondering if anybody round here has one.

The 61/123 have only been around since summer now and they are just now starting to get out there but we have had our 88/176cc engines out for 2 years now and they have really proven them selfs, Brian flew my prototype and Joe Nall this year and pretty sure he liked the power.
I am send one to Gyro to do a full review on hopefully this week but they sell faster usually then i can get them in.

Drew

70cc twin V2
Ive got one on the way, very excited to get it and beat it up in my EF 300. After seeing Gary's run and RIP a 24/9 prop, not even broke in yet, I had to have one. The numbers I'm reading online from posts are showing this engine to have more power then the OTHER brands :) Cant wait !!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Going to take it out this weekend with the 24x10 and lean her a little. Over a gallon through, time to set the engine free! I bet once I get the mixture right, we break 6700 on the 24x10 rpm.

You want to join us?

Drew

70cc twin V2
Going to take it out this weekend with the 24x10 and lean her a little. Over a gallon through, time to set the engine free! I bet once I get the mixture right, we break 6700 on the 24x10 rpm.

You want to join us?

Im taking my boat out to Wimberly Saturday to store it for winter, but I'm free Sunday.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
I'm getting some reports of guys swinging a 24x10 standard Mejzlik on stock mufflers, and a decent mid-range pull on this engine. As I mentioned on the EME thread, a lot of air seems to have come out of the EME-60 balloon. I was wondering how this GP61 has lasted with the 3D pilots since its release, and if it can really swing at least a 24A Vess or 24x9 Falcon, to at least 6700 on stock, or a 24x10TH to at lease 6800.