• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Grumman F8F Bearcat "Jerry Bates 1/5"

I picked up a Vics rc fiberglass fuselage with Sierra retracts this past summer. Got the laser cut kit for the winter build. I did finally start the build with the horizontal stab and elevators so I thought I'd start to share a little progress.
2018-12-15_102053_1.jpg 2018-12-15_102131_2.jpg P_20180728_204138.jpg

Now onto the challenge. "FOLDING WINGS" Wasn't really sure how to approach this one but I think that I'm on the right track with it. I've made the hinge line and got the tips folding but I still need to figure out the mechanics of it. I also had to put it somewhat together just to tease myself
2018-12-15_103048_7.jpg 2018-12-15_103403_6.jpg 2018-12-15_103443_8.jpg

WMcNabb

150cc
Just a little extra that I've been working on. I got myself a 3d printer and started with a radial engine which I still need to finish and last weekend I drew up a gun sight and printed that out. I want to also create a plastic prop hub to go around a 4blade prop. Still need to confirm engine and prop 1st though.
FB_IMG_1546750560726.jpg FB_IMG_1546750547666.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Wow. Lots of cool new build threads on GSN lately! Thanks for posting. :)

No Kidding, What a treat this one

Outstanding! This should be exciting to watch!
No doubt. I was just thinking the same thing. It is so "AWESOME" to see more builds and more people joining in here. I am loving every minute of it. I may just keep reading and watching and paying attention to other peoples progress. Hee hee….
double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Beautiful plane and thanks for posting this build on GSN. This is exciting so many good builds being done right now. This looks like an interesting one especially with the folding wings. Please keep us posted and lots of pictures especially of the folding wing mechanism.