• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 decathalon

M

Matt

hey everyone... I have another question for everyone... I have really loved the decathalon for a long time and got to ride in a Few... Has anyone flow the hangar 9 decathalon? I am about to pull the trigger but want some opinions... The pilot is just not even close to scale so I like this one... I also trust the people on this site a lot more and respect opinions... Thanks everyone!!

-Matt

JBenson

50cc
Matt,

I have one with a DA-120 in it and it has been awesome. Here is a video of it. I think this was flight 2 or 3. It is definitely a great flying plane.

The 120 is a bit overkill and with the 29x12 prop she doesn't really want to slow down for landing. Keep this in mind when selecting your power plant and prop.

Overall you really can't go wrong with this beauty. Aerotow is a blast with it as well. It tows the E-Flite Blanik up like it isn't even there :)

JB

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i was going to say that too, it's popular with the aero-tow community using a DA-120. great flying airplane, looks beautiful in the air, flies just like a decathlon

M

Matt

Awesome!! That was my plan is I want something different.. A cub is nice and relaxing but kind of lacks on aerobatics... I feel like this can be the best of both worlds... Shoot touch and goes but add some power and fly the sportsman iMac sequence