Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Header tape

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by mikeh, Feb 1, 2015.

1. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

I've received some new headers, but I know the white Teflon tape will get hot and burn up. Is there something out there that works better?

Mike

2. ChickenBalls

ChickenBalls "Cool Guy"

@emtp275 can you help him out? What did you wrap your's in?

3. emtp275

emtp275 100cc

Cameron NC
    I used the gray stuff Its thicker, there is also a yellow tape made for gas conections that may also work this has been an issue on several sites and guys looking for a fix that last, I cant say how long this will work but after 3 ground runs and 6 flights it still looks new and is holding up well.

4. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Cut an AL can (drink the beer first!) and wrap that over a few layers of Teflon. Then wrap a few more layers over the AL can wrap. This has lasted through a full season last year with just some discoloration but NO burn through on my piped DA150.
    :cheers:

49dimes, ChickenBalls and emtp275 like this.
  5. ChickenBalls

ChickenBalls "Cool Guy"

Where did you get the gray stuff dummy?

6. emtp275

emtp275 100cc

Cameron NC
    In the same place as the white stuff dummy lol, They have it all together in the plumming section at the hardware

ChickenBalls likes this.
  7. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

Thanks for the help gentleman!

8. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

I have used the "yellow" and it is a bit better than the "white" Teflon tape. I make several wraps (about 4) and then cover with these nice auto motive "spark plug wire" protectors. Really keeps things "clean" under the "hood"! Snapshot_20150202.JPG

mikeh and ChickenBalls like this.
  9. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

You can also get them in red, blue, black, orange, to "match" your DA, MVVS,or other engine!

mikeh likes this.