Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from the frozen tundra of Minnesota

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ken101, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Ken101

Ken101 New to GSN!

Hi,
    I am new to this thread and am hoping to meet members in my area to get introduced to the flying community. I am new to flying, just have my simulator and getting my thumb memory set. I have 5 or 6 planes and am getting excited for my first flight.

Ken in Henderson, Mn

acerc, Snoopy1, 49dimes and 1 other person like this.
  2. :welcome:

49dimes likes this.
  3. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Welcome in :attaboy:. You will soon graduate to Ken201 from the educational materials in here.

Ken101 and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Hi Ken from here in sunny Southern Illinois where it's a balmy 12. Welcome!

Ken101, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Hi Ken welcome to GSN we are friendly and will help you get addicted to rc and GSN welcome.

Ken101 likes this.
  6. Welcome aboard Ken.

Ken101 likes this.
  7. tmulligan

tmulligan New to GSN!

Ken:

I'm not sure how far you are but there are two very active groups in/around Rochester. I visit them when I'm at Mayo Clinic.

Tom

Ken101 likes this.
  8. Well, it is cold in Mobile, AL too.....but Spring training is just a month or so away, so keep building as it is the building season!

Ken101 likes this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Minnesota is as cold as where I live I belive but is just hard to believe that that some of us looking forward to spring a month away and I am not quite in the coldest part of the winter yet usually the last 2weeks of January and the first week of February are our coldest time and then from there it gradually warms for us. We are always looking forward to the first 2 weeks in May to start flying.

Ken101 and Jetpainter like this.
  10. Three signs of spring for you northerners: first Robin; Datona 500; Spring Baseball!

I lived 5 LONG years in southern Minnesota and I know what you mean about May weather....my problem was the spring WINDS!

Ken101 likes this.