• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from Uniountown Oh

Flyboy077

New to GSN!
Just joined. I've been flying RC since 1975. Mostly Scale now. I've been in clubs in Woodland Calif. and Ft. Worth Texas.
Retired A.F.
Currently flying BUSA 1/3 Cub built in 1992

BUSA 1/3 Fokker D-VII
BUSA 1/3 Albitros DV-a
Ziroli 87" Stearman
Building BUSA 1/3 Stearman

Gordon B.

Last edited:

Alky6

150cc
Welcome! Woodland/Davis club is a nice place to fly! Assume you were probably at the old location closer to woodland...

Alky6

150cc
Indeed! I belonged to the club between 84-90. Ran my model boats on the pond there before heading to college.

MM2ICBM

New to GSN!
Welcome!! I am interested in hearing about your BUSA 1/3 scale stearman build. What engine are you going to go with??

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Welcome @Flyboy077 to GSN. . . . . . :welcome:I'm interested in hearing about all of your WW1 birds and the Stearman too. I would LOVE to be able to build the big BUSA Albatross one day. . . . :yesss:

Flyboy077

New to GSN!
Welcome!! I am interested in hearing about your BUSA 1/3 scale stearman build. What engine are you going to go with??
I'm going with a RCGF 120. A radial is a little to rich for me. I searched the internet and found a Stearman in Navy markings that has a cowl and wheel pants. I didn't want to have a twin sticking out. Covering it with solartex painting with latex. Replaced all the ABS with fiberglass parts from Fiberglass Specialties.

Flyboy077

New to GSN!
Welcome @Flyboy077 to GSN. . . . . . :welcome:I'm interested in hearing about all of your WW1 birds and the Stearman too. I would LOVE to be able to build the big BUSA Albatross one day. . . . :yesss:
The Fokker DVii has a DA 85 in it It is really a great flying airplane. Front of the fuse is red back is white red wings Solartex. Just used the picture on the kit box for the coloring and markings. The Albitros has a 3w 80 for eng. It's painted with latex in the color and markings of Lt. Helmut Dilthy's airplane.