Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help - Need name of manufacturer

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Tom K, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Tom K

Tom K 30cc

Tom K
    Just purchased a 35% Extra 260 with a DA-85. Seller stated it was an Aeroworks model. I'm not sure if it is. Am enclosing a picture so you might be able to identify. Love the airplane, just want to know who made it. Might need parts some day.
    Thanks - Tom Extra 260 35%.JPG

2. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I don't think it's an Aeroworks, their trim scheme is slightly different.

3. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

If it is an Aero-works it will have their logo stamped or lazer etched some where up front. Personally it looks like a typical China ARF or Korean ARF.

4. lazyboyflyer

lazyboyflyer 30cc

Looks like a Pilot plane.

5. Tom K

Tom K 30cc

Tom K
    I looked for the logo etched inside on the bulkheads. None. That didn't tip me off until I paid for it and got it home. It still is a nice plane. I got a good deal.
    Thanks

6. Tom K

Tom K 30cc

Tom K
    Looked on Pilot's website. None of the Extra's had a 96" span or similar covering.
    Thanks.

7. .

8. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

we can always ask @AeroWorks

Rocco will know immediately if it's AW or not

49dimes and Jetpainter like this.
  9. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Not a Pilot plane. Their logo is etched inside as well. Also, I 've never seen control horn backing plate on a Pilot.

49dimes likes this.
  10. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Sorry I meant to mention that it is still a sharp looking ride. Enjoy:)