• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help picking out a prop for DA-150 ? !!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Have rather heavy plane, composite Extra & need to get a prop for the DA-150 going in it. I think guys are using 30" to 32" props & I also want to be able later to get it into a 600 foot runway at one of the clubs but first I'll fly it at a bigger field. So what size do I want & what pitch might I want ? !!
Thanks & appreciate any suggestions !!
John

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Thanks Bunky !! I'll look for those !! Oh, will that be a carbon fiber prop ? !!
Thanks again !!
John

Oh, just noticed, you said CF !!

Last edited:
I have a 3W QS 150 that just eats the snot out of the 31x10W. Turns it about 400 stronger than the DA. Prop of choice for my Compy MX2.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
John....it would really help if you said what kind of flying you do, and also is your 150 on pipes, cans, stock muffs?

Falcon 31x10w on mufflers I get it on and of of a 380 ft grass field pilot 122" yak . I have used 32x10 xoar (too loud) but flw well 30x12 mejlik nice for most places but not for my short home strip

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Thanks Dan & Bunky !!
Thanks "Earle" & I have been trying to do the 3D but not all that well & only have 50 cc planes till I got this 40 % . I can do tumbles pretty good & can only hover up higher, too scared to get them lower but working at it ! I can do all the turnaround maneuvers , etc. I only had a 40 % in my hands for a few minutes once, yrs. ago so I just want to get this flying next spring & go from there. It's a composite Patty & I would like to run smoke later down the road, not have to worry about the covering coming off is what I really like, ha !! Also, it's one of the older DA-150's which is a little heavier than the newer engines out. Stock mufflers so far . I figure I won't be able to do too much with it as it only has the old 5945 Hitechs in it but though they are 10 yrs. old, & only had part of a flight, as the plane's eng. quit on take-off & pancaked in when that eng. quit. Not the eng. I have now but it didn't have baffling , which I'm working on now. I did get the landing gear area all fixed up with new wood & glassing in. The plane has sat for over 10 yrs. till I recently got it. I've got the EQ-6 Turbo SmartFly for it too now.
Thanks everyone !!
John

js-rc

70cc twin V2
rplante, thanks also for your reply !! Wow, you only have 380 foot runway !! I should be ok then !! Oh, do you have any obstructions at either end of your runway ? !
Thanks again !!
John

aarestor

70cc twin V2
I am flying a 42% AW Extra 260 with a DA150 and the best prop I have used is the Mejzlik 30x13 Evo. Good up lines and slows down to a crawl for landings. I have never tached it but it will rip a little on WOT. Our runway is only 400ft and it is plenty of runway. Hope this helps.