• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help Us Pick A Great Raffle Prize For A Fun Fly Please. Need Your Help To Decide

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
I am helping Wes this year with the ODB-V Fly In. Info links: http://oklahomadustbowlflyinformsresearch.yolasite.com/ and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1809566

For those that have never heard of the ODB fly ins, (shame on you
wink.gif
), it is a fly in that happens each year in Sep and all proceeds from the event are donated to the Tulsa chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis society for MS research to find a cure for MS. It is a very worthwhile cause and I am honored to help play a small part in it and I appreciate that Wes has allowed me to help out.

My role/job is to acquire sponsors for the event. I thought that is perfect for me since I am capable of sending emails and I have built a list of almost every RC vendor in the free world in my years here on RCG.

Anyway, to help raise money for this years fun fly, we are trying to come up with an awesome prize to be awarded to a registered pilot. For this prize, each registered pilot will get one raffle ticket so everyone has an equal chance at winning. The registered pilot would not have to be present to win as I know that plans can change and sometimes you just cannot attend (like me at the AMA Expo this year
frown.gif
). I think this is only fair for all involved.

Our dilemma right now it to figure out is what are people most interested in and what would make people people more willing to register?

Please let me know your thoughts on what would be a cool prize. Would it be the new Hitec A9x transmitter? Or how about that cool new DJI quadcopter? What is the new "hot item" these days?

Thanks for your input and looking forward to your thoughts.

Frank

SnowDog

airframe

servo package

power package

for me, radios are not as interesting since many people have their own brand preference and if you don't pick a TX that matches their choice, then you risk alienating an entire group.

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Good point about the radio. I never thought about that. Thanks!

Airframes would be expensive to ship unless we could drop ship it. Our goal is to raise money for MS research so shipping to someone that wins will be costly. Unless the registered pilot is there then that is OK. Not sure if we want to chance it. But if we did, what plane and from whom would be the most sought after?

Thanks again for the help.

Frank

dskuro95

100cc
For the plane half of this I would say either a EF 60" Edge, 59" AJ Slick, 58" 3DHS Edge, 64" EF MXS, EF 60" Extra, or a 3DHS 57" Extra. I know there is a lot of choices but these are the examples. Me personally I would want the EF Edge540.

For the whole shipping thing I would talk to the Manufacturer and see if maybe you can order it and have it shipped to the person house.

Good point about the radio. I never thought about that. Thanks!

Airframes would be expensive to ship unless we could drop ship it. Our goal is to raise money for MS research so shipping to someone that wins will be costly. Unless the registered pilot is there then that is OK. Not sure if we want to chance it. But if we did, what plane and from whom would be the most sought after?

Thanks again for the help.

Frank