• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help with throttle linearity after canister install

jj46

30cc
Hello all. Looking for the engine experts out there! I have a DLE-170 and always ran with std mufflers; throttle response and transition have always been nothing short of perfect. Unfortunately, urban sprawl has come to require something a little quieter.

I switched to the DLE flex headers and canisters. The top end and idle is great. However, I'm having a heck of a transition problem. As I go up in throttle, one click at a time, I get to a spot at about 1/3 open where if I pause at that click of the stick, in about 3 seconds the engine will all of a sudden rev up significantly and stay there. Before it does this, the plane will sink in a hover, and after it revs, it has too much power and flies out.

I've tried getting rid of it with a throttle curve, but it barely had an impact. I've tried leaning and richening the low needle. Mind you, it runs great at all throttle positions, it's just this one spot that's killing me due to the change in RPM. Would this perhaps mean the headers are too short? Too long? What can I do to mitigate this issue? It would be fine for IMAC, but forget about torque rolling or hovering unless I can fix this.

Thank you all!