• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

High-Voltage/High-Amp "arming" switch?

In concept, I want something like the ArmSafe arming switch... Here's the problem:
- ArmSafe uses a Deans Ultra plug which is technically only rated for 80A. If a 10S or 12S system were to go live with, say, a reversed throttle; or the throttle stick got bumped while connecting batteries, WOT can pull 100A+++
- I don't want something plugged IN to a plane to arm. I'd rather go with the "remove before flight" pin or magnet type of arming. I guess since I've flung collets, props, and even 5.5mm bullet connectors in flight, I'm paranoid about flinging an arming plug loose.

I know SmartFly has some pin switches, but they're all for the low-amperage side to arm the control systems or ignitions on gassers. Doesn't someone make a 50-60V/100A+ capable "pull pin to arm" switch? I'm envisioning 10-12 AWG leading in and out, placed in-line between the battery connection and ESC, and a "pin" (of course, with a red and white "remove before flight" flag attached!) that allows the circuit to close when removed.

Anyone know of my mythical Unicorn?

-Case

gyro

GSN Contributor
In concept, I want something like the ArmSafe arming switch... Here's the problem:
- ArmSafe uses a Deans Ultra plug which is technically only rated for 80A. If a 10S or 12S system were to go live with, say, a reversed throttle; or the throttle stick got bumped while connecting batteries, WOT can pull 100A+++
- I don't want something plugged IN to a plane to arm. I'd rather go with the "remove before flight" pin or magnet type of arming. I guess since I've flung collets, props, and even 5.5mm bullet connectors in flight, I'm paranoid about flinging an arming plug loose.

I know SmartFly has some pin switches, but they're all for the low-amperage side to arm the control systems or ignitions on gassers. Doesn't someone make a 50-60V/100A+ capable "pull pin to arm" switch? I'm envisioning 10-12 AWG leading in and out, placed in-line between the battery connection and ESC, and a "pin" (of course, with a red and white "remove before flight" flag attached!) that allows the circuit to close when removed.

Anyone know of my mythical Unicorn?

-Case

Cool concept if it exists