• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Hitec's all new FunCub XL!!!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
multiplex_funcub_xl_11.jpg

Here's a cool new plane introduced by Hitec and shown off at Toledo a couple weeks ago. Below is some video as well. Looks like a fun cool new plane for sure!

Link: http://www.weekenderwarehouse.com/funcub-xl-receiver-ready/

Video:

[video=youtube;3dU0yx5HfIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dU0yx5HfIY[/video]
[video=youtube;ir1mhE-YjAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir1mhE-YjAg#t=13[/video]

Some Pics:

hover.jpg

lights.jpg

Description:
The FunCub XL RR version comes completely assembled and factory painted with applied decals. Featuring a high-performance, powerful brushless motor, remarkably reliable speed control and Hitec’s renowned HS-225BB servos, this receiver ready model comes out of the box 95% complete, allowing for instantaneous FUNtastic flight!

Specifications RR:
Wingspan: 67 in. (1700 mm)
Length: 47.25 in. (1200 mm)
Weight 6 lbs. 5 oz. (2850 g)
Channels: 5-10 required RC Functions: Rudder, Elevator, Ailerons, Flaps, Motor, Optional Tow Hook, Optional Chute, Landing Lights
Flight Time 8 - 12 min. (6S ~ 3300 mAh Battery

Features:
Full-on Aerobatic Performance
Low Minimum Airspeed
Easy Handling
Two Part Wing for Easy Transport
Offset Landing Flaps for Steep Descents and Short Takeoffs
Off-road Performance with Huge, Soft Wheels
High-strength Fuselage with “M-Frame Technology”
Strong and Lightweight Carbon Fiber Wing Tubes
Suitable for Aero towing 2.5M Gliders (i.e. Multiplex Heron size)
Optional Float Set, Lights and Parachutist

Included with RR (95% Complete):
ELAPOR® and Wood Airframe
Brushless Permax BL-O 4235-0480 Motor
MULTIcont BL-60 ESC Controller
Propeller 15 x 8
Six Hitec HS-225BB servos
Self-adhesive Decals

Required to Complete:

5 - 10 Channel Radio Control System
6S 3200 mAh LiPO Power Battery

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yes it is TONS of fun! A very awesome mild 3D airplane, not to mention it's a big cub with HUGE flaps. The flaps almost stop the thing mid-air.

MaydayJoey

New to GSN!
I actually ordered mine a couple of hours ago, I'm pretty excited. I love my Fun Cub and this puts it on crack so I'm in!

There aren't a really too many end user videos on flying this with gusto, but the Multiplex video sold me on it.

I purchased the kit and look forward to getting it together in all of its 6s glory.
I have a everything I need already except the motor which I haven't decided on yet.

my only issue is that it doesn't seem to come with the LEDs and you can only buy the package with LEDs and controller which is about $60 + shipping from the UK to US. That's a little much, I really hope I'll be able to just pick up JUST the LEDs eventually.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I actually ordered mine a couple of hours ago, I'm pretty excited. I love my Fun Cub and this puts it on crack so I'm in!

There aren't a really too many end user videos on flying this with gusto, but the Multiplex video sold me on it.

I purchased the kit and look forward to getting it together in all of its 6s glory.
I have a everything I need already except the motor which I haven't decided on yet.

my only issue is that it doesn't seem to come with the LEDs and you can only buy the package with LEDs and controller which is about $60 + shipping from the UK to US. That's a little much, I really hope I'll be able to just pick up JUST the LEDs eventually.

SAWEET I would love to fly one personally. Hopefully soon.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

The POWER-MULTilight kit contains LED's that all use different voltages, so you can't actually just wire the LED's all together, you'll wind up frying some of the LED's and not illuminating others properly. The controller gives the proper voltages to each LED and gives it the scale appearance everybody wants. Rumor has it we'll be importing POWER-MULTilight kit sometime soon so you should see it soon :)

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
So on my original fun cub I made my own circuit board with LEDs, alternating landing lights, nav, flashing strobes, fading beacon... It's almost identical to what this one has other than the beacon is on the belly rather than the tail. I almost feel cheated, because I made a custom design that none else had and it was copied... Or maybe it's just scale and that's how it's supposed to look. And they did a great job At any rate, maybe I'll make a thread on how to make your own. It wouldn't exactly be cost effective though, just cool! It would probably be brighter too. My plane is on you tube, I'll try and post a link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
[video=youtube_share;tL-xBQiPOY8]http://youtu.be/tL-xBQiPOY8[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Bipenut53

150cc
Nice job [MENTION=3929]AKNick[/MENTION]!! I would like to see the circuit you built for that.... Do you have a schematic?