• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Horizon Hobby went above and beyond

So in April of this year I purchased a replacement cowl for my 3.1M Sukhoi. It has sat in the original box in my garage all year. Every now and then I thought about opening it up just to make sure it was ok but never did until last night. When I removed the lower cowl from the wrapping I noticed a crack in the paint. Im thinking that is just my luck. But I called Horizon this morning anyways. I told them that I never opened it and it is well beyond the purchase date but it was never used. Since I purchased it directly from Horizon he was able to look up the exact purchase date as I was not sure. He asked me to email him a picture and I did. A few minutes later he came back on the phone and said a new complete cowl is on its way. I purchased it 6 months ago and they went way above and beyond for some seriously good customer service. Horizon you continue to have my full 100% support as you have proven to support your customers.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
jamesrxx951 said
So in April of this year I purchased a replacement cowl for my 3.1M Sukhoi. It has sat in the original box in my garage all year. Every now and then I thought about opening it up just to make sure it was ok but never did until last night. When I removed the lower cowl from the wrapping I noticed a crack in the paint. Im thinking that is just my luck. But I called Horizon this morning anyways. I told them that I never opened it and it is well beyond the purchase date but it was never used. Since I purchased it directly from Horizon he was able to look up the exact purchase date as I was not sure. He asked me to email him a picture and I did. A few minutes later he came back on the phone and said a new complete cowl is on its way. I purchased it 6 months ago and they went way above and beyond for some seriously good customer service. Horizon you continue to have my full 100% support as you have proven to support your customers.
That's awesome James. Good for you! I too have to chime in on this big thumbs up for Horizon. Last spring, I ordered a replacement Hangar 9 Cessna 182 150 from Horizon. Two things to keep in mind here. One: we won't discuss why I needed a replacement. (Oh the shame) Two: This was right around the time I started realizing glow (shudder) was really not my friend any longer. That being said, I ordered the Cessna for my Saito 180 and onboard electric start. I got it in like no time at all. Upon inspecting everything, I discovered that "whom ever" did the final quality control on that thing must have either had way too much "pinyin" or they were late for a date with a little Chinese hottie. That poor plane would have never been straight no matter who assembled it. Even if it was Snapasaurus. I called up Horizon, explained in detail exactly what I notice. Like you, they requested photo's and I was more than happy to oblige. Two days later I received a call from one of the gentlemen I was working with. He informed me that a "COMPLETE" new Cessna had been shipped and I should see it in a couple of days. I inquired as to what I should do with the original. I was instructed to and I quote, "Do as you see fit". Umm....ok. I did in fact get the replacement to my replacement. It was darn near flawless. My impression is now as it always has been. Horizon really steps up to the plate for their loyal and devoted customers. My hat goes off to Team Horizon.