• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! How can I get rid of hinge binding?

Av8r RC

50cc
I recently acquired a used FB 3DHS 89 slick. I've gotten everything set-up, and have had about 5 flights on it so far. The first two were a bit hairy, as I lost a wheel each time. Both were pretty successful though, you can check out the 89 slick thread for more info.

But on to my question. When setting up the throws for all my surfaces I could barely get the recommended throw on the elev without a lot of binding. There is some there, but would like to eliminate it, plus I like a lot of elevator throw I may want more in the near future. The rudder is very affective, but is probably about 5 to 10* shy of hitting the elev halfs. I'd like to get more. But the main one concerning me is the ailerons. 45* is recommended, but could only get 40* (on one side mostly) and that was with a lot of binding.

I'm running HS7955's at 7.4V. The most binding of the aile pulls about 1A at full deflection, most everything else pulls about 0.5A.

Is there any way of loosening up these hinges without cutting and re-hinging? If not is there a decent tutorial out there that may show how to do it. Also what would be an acceptable amp draw for these servos (in a binding state)? When I programmed them I set them for a 20% cutoff.

Thanks

Av8r RC

50cc
Yeah it's dual ball links. I even upgraded the stock links, which were a little sticky, to dubro heavy duty ball links.