• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How long do I wait ?

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
No mentioning any names as of yet ( or ever ).

I bought a propeller from the classified ads on a forum from what I would call a famous / well know pilot.

It is just over two weeks since payment was sent and I haven't received the prop as of yet.

I am able to tell by their status icon if they are on line and also by their last sign on date / time.

I have sent them a few PM's, but have not received any replies.

I know they maybe busy, but a return PM would be nice.

I'll shot over on a direct e-mail and see what happens.

I'll give it another week, after that is is a little ridiculous.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Two weeks is a bit long, I am not sure I would give him another week.

Mikeq

150cc
2robinhood;18060 wrote: No mentioning any names as of yet ( or ever ).

I bought a propeller from the classified ads on FG from what I would call a famous / well know pilot.

It is just over two weeks since payment was sent and I haven't received the prop as of yet.

I am able to tell by their status icon if they are on line and also by their last sign on date / time.

I have sent them a few PM's, but have not received any replies.

I know they maybe busy, but a return PM would be nice.

I'll shot over on a direct e-mail and see what happens.

I'll give it another week, after that is is a little ridiculous.

You might send him another p.m. and let him know that if he doesn't respond you will disclose his name in this entire incident publicly.... That should get his attention and you a response....

emtp275

100cc
I use to be big into archery and sold and bought a lot online, I felt near anxiaty when i couldnt ship an item with in a day or two, I mean lets be real there is a post office for every zip code

BalsaDust

Mikeq;18062 wrote: You might send him another p.m. and let him know that if he doesn't respond you will disclose his name in this entire incident publicly.... That should get his attention and you a response....

While I agree the seller needs to respond I don't think putting it out in the public is the right thing to do. It just happened to one of the bro's over on the probro site. Got shamed and bad mouthed pretty bad because he hadn't responded and come to find out he was going though a lot at home dealing with the loss of a friend job issues and personal issues.

Just my .02 cents.

Mikeq

150cc
cbarnes0061;18072 wrote: While I agree the seller needs to respond I don't think putting it out in the public is the right thing to do. It just happened to one of the bro's over on the probro site. Got shamed and bad mouthed pretty bad because he hadn't responded and come to find out he was going though a lot at home dealing with the loss of a friend job issues and personal issues.

Just my .02 cents.

You may have a point but if this has been going on for two weeks and he has been going online and posting then he has no reason not to respond to 2robinhood' s pms.. It absolutely sounds like he is ignoring 2robinhood.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Rat him out. Just after you have verified he has posted since you warned him via email and PM. I would definitely interpret that situation as ignoring you instead of other "life happens" kind of stuff that happens to everyone.

Something is wrong. Whatever it may be, i think he has to either send you your prop now and have proof like tracking number, given to you within 24 hours, or immediately credit your money back. IF he posts something for sale, and then responds to you wanting to buy it, you paid him, i assume thru paypal, he got your cash now, but 2 weeks and he has not replied or sent you your prop, then he has just scammed you in my book.

I have sold things online, and as soon as they pay me, i immediately go to USPS or Fed Ex, and deliver, then i send the person a tracking number. This will be done within 24 to 48 hours of receiving payment. To me, this is serious business, no matter what the cash amount is. if you are dealing with shipping, and it is across state lines, become a federal crime, mail fraud, etc....

You need to call that guy and ask for your money back now, or for him to ship out the prop now.

Only acceptable excuse, i would imagine would be what Cbarnes mentioned, and the day after he got your payment, he was hospitalized or something like that, heaven forbid that happens to him, for his own well being reasons, we do not wish that upon anyone.

or, at least, he owes you an explanation, i believe.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
emtp275;18070 wrote: I use to be big into archery and sold and bought a lot online, I felt near anxiaty when i couldnt ship an item with in a day or two, I mean lets be real there is a post office for every zip code

Same here. I absolutely go overboard with the communication when I sell something, and I get it in the mail EXACTLY when I say I will. I know I sometimes get antsy while waiting on a purchase, and I never want anyone to feel that way with me.