• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How To Embed Videos In Your Posts

The new site isn't quite up to automatically figuring out that links to youtube are "video" links so it does not automatically embed the video here in the threads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jljO_B718s4

The link above is treated like any regular link, click it and youtube pops up in a new tab or window.

but if you use the button that looks like a film strip it will give you a place to imbed the url in a "video" tag and then it will be embedded here as seen below.

If you don't see the buttons like the film strip button, scoll down below where you are composing your post and click the "Go Advanced" button, that will display the various buttons that allow you to make a more complex reply.

Mikeq

150cc
bigblueswope;3615 wrote: The new site isn't quite up to automatically figuring out that links to youtube are "video" links so it does not automatically embed the video here in the threads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jljO_B718s4

The link above is treated like any regular link, click it and youtube pops up in a new tab or window.

but if you use the button that looks like a film strip it will give you a place to imbed the url in a "video" tag and then it will be embedded here as seen below.

If you don't see the buttons like the film strip button, scoll down below where you are composing your post and click the "Go Advanced" button, that will display the various buttons that allow you to make a more complex reply.

Hey thanks foe the tip...

Mikeq

150cc
Yeah..I'm still looking for the little film strip and so far it has eluded me but my eye sight is not as good as it once was...

kwj48

70cc twin V2
Third button from the end when you hit quick reply, fifth from the end with the regular reply button.