• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I am looking for suggestions on a work-bench

I am looking for a work bench that is 90 inches by 35 inches.
Any one have any advice on either where I can purchase one, or any plans on one I can build my self.

The table has to be perfectly flat and true.

Problem solved, I found it. It is an American Workbench. Maybe I will receive it by Christmas. They say, it will take 30 days to fill the order.

palmetto work becnh 84 x 36.jpg

I'm going to have to bookmark that in case I ever need one. Right now I have a solid core door mounted on top of a prefab bench that was strong but not straight enough. It works and when I need to replace the top, I just go buy a new door.

I reinforced it with some angle aluminum. I will post some pics later.

Yep, I am really looking forward to it, right now, I am using sort of like a torsion box top, on 4 saw horses. The torsion box top then has MDF board then I have shims then a 1/2" plywood that I check overtime before building on it, that it is straight. I will post picture of this for you all to see. It looks terrible, but it works!