• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Question? Icharger 306b?

robj

70cc twin V2
Just got this and have a few questions,

I have the paraboard. Its not marked as to which balance tap goes with the main lead. So you just have to remember right? Think I'll mark mine.

I can't get the USB driver to load on 2 of my XP machines. Issue here? I think the version I have is 3.14?? It's at home.

Also was looking for a way to program the menu like on my Multi 4 cellpro. On this one I can remove the nimh from the menu, I don';t have any.

Along that line a way to same a program without a lot of menus to go through to retrieve it. IE set something up for 10A for 2 4000 4s I will always charge in pairs.

I think there was something else I'll have to think of it.

Thanks,
Rob

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
When I had a 306 I started off using the paraboard from EP Buddy. The main balance output on the PB is a 6S connector and you connect that to the 306b 6S output then just use the appropriate battery connection to the PB. I had the same problem with the USB driver but I did not care to be bothered with it. I never used the Nimh menu so it is not in the way. Mine lived in the Lipo menu. I am not sure I answered your first question though.

robj

70cc twin V2
Thanks, another question, I have it set for LIPO auto. When I start it counts up the MAH/amps. If I have 2 batterys hooked up(2200) it only counts up 2200. But the manual says if using the p araboard, you should double the amps for faster charging...IE input 4400. Yall do this? Just wondering. Some of these manuals tell you how to do something, but not common practices.

Thanks,
Rob

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I never used auto as it is much more precise on manual setting of the charge rate. Use the balance charge mode and select your charge amps based on the total amount of mAh you are charging timex the C rate you want to charge so 4400total mAH = 4.4A for 1C and 8.8A for 2C and so forth.

robj

70cc twin V2
Charged my first pair yesterday after 3 wingy flights. They were 2 hyperion 4000 cx2 I think. I set it for 10a, a little over the 1C I guess of 4000*2-8000 = 8a. It charged them both in in 30 minutes. Normally 50 minutes for 1 on a multi pro 4 at max amps...4a think. In hind site I think I got the balance and outputs switched around but it all charged right to spec. Then did a second set in the same amount of time. Might try and charge 4 at a time, all my batterys are the identical.

It's a little tight hooking things up to the paraboard. Might look around for some of those balance port extensions, I think I recall seeing them somewhere.

Thanks,
Rob