• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall 2016 = QUIET!!!

SleepyC

150cc
From the TT website:

JOE NALL WEEK 2016 – QUIET IS THE WORD!

Kalandra___Shhhhh_by_FuzzyYak.jpg

Recent AMA articles have dealt with the issue of noise created by some of our models. Noise is certainly in the top two or three issues faced by many clubs around the world. If we, as modelers, wait for our neighbors to complain, you can rest assured the issue is significant.
To prevent ANY possible problems with our current and future neighbors, Triple Tree will require, beginning with Joe Nall 2016 to be “neighbor friendly”. Canister mufflers, three blade props, “soft mounting” of engines, and less than full throttle passes can all be utilized to make our models more environmentally friendly and will be a requirement for Joe Nell 2016.

Mr. Pat has donated this incredible facility to all of us modelers. We, as a group, have the responsibility to ensure it will be here for many generations to come. We cannot allow noise to be the demon that kills the golden goose. Plan ahead now to get any “prop ripping” models quieted down for Joe Nall 2016. We will have noise monitoring equipment on-site and will, for the first time, be monitoring sound levels. Gross offenders will be asked to terminate flight of any model exceeding AMA suggested noise guidelines. We must proactively reduce our noise footprint to ensure the long-term survival of “The Home of Fun, Fellowship and Hospitality”.

Thanks in advance for your help with this important issue.

The entire post is HERE

SleepyC

150cc
OK.. READ the announcement. If you fly normally I think you don;t have to worry about it... BUT if you RIP.. you may be asked to leave.

Jets... them suckers can be pied as hell... Turbine mufflers?

SleepyC

150cc
This is not going to be good for the masses!!

I read the announcement a few times and all the MODS were suggestions. Pretty much if you fly like a dumb ass ripping the crap out of your plane and they ask you about it because you got caught and your plane makes a bunch of noise when tested your done. SO even if you have Snap's plane (60%er) before he knew what prop he needed and you fly under control you're cool.

Well I like the sound of a prop ripping...its cool!
I see this as the dumbing down of RC airplanes similar to that of America.
I fly with stock pipes and always will, I don't run WOT a lot but when I do the slight rip is cool.

Come to Joe Nall and pay to be there, but if you plan on flying you shall spend $400+ on pipes, headers, and props per plane...sigh SMH

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I agree with Kevin, most engines even on pitts can sound nice in the air and not overly loud if you control your throttle and don't fly 90-100% all the time. but this is also an issue here in AU, most clubs (luckily not mine) have a massive noise restriction due to be being close or within ear shot of residential.

rodman

50cc
"will be a requirement for Joe Nell 2016."
A more specific description on Triple Trees part would be helpful
My new Laser has a canister and a falcon 2 blade prop and its damn near electric quiet
I know I am below the IMAC noise standard so am I going to have to get a 3 blade prop
just to fly at Nall?