• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR DMSS Temp Sensor

nearhigh

30cc
JR XG14 DMSS Tx and temp sensor, any way to save what highes temp was during a flight or is it just real time data?

ryan_m

100cc
Is there a way to setup alarming if the temp goes above a certain amount? I have an XG11 and haven't played with telemetry much yet, but I know the XG11 can alarm on temperature. Maybe just set a threshold to trigger an alarm, and then at least you know you got above a certain temp. Better than nothing...

I have not played with the 14 but the XG11 saves both low and high recorded temps and receiver voltage's that I monitor. For the XG11 you scroll through to the right on the main screen till you get to the other menu. Highlight the telemetry data you want and it will pull it up.

nearhigh

30cc
Is there a way to setup alarming if the temp goes above a certain amount? I have an XG11 and haven't played with telemetry much yet, but I know the XG11 can alarm on temperature. Maybe just set a threshold to trigger an alarm, and then at least you know you got above a certain temp. Better than nothing...
I have the alarm set, just would like to see temp number. like the lowest and highest while the engine is running.

nearhigh

30cc
I have not played with the 14 but the XG11 saves both low and high recorded temps and receiver voltage's that I monitor. For the XG11 you scroll through to the right on the main screen till you get to the other menu. Highlight the telemetry data you want and it will pull it up.
On the XG14 You have to scroll to the right of main screen to turn the telemetry on. then click on the temp # and it shows highest temp. pretty cool.

Last edited:

mikeh

70cc twin V2
I'm about to order a temp sensor and I'm a little confused on how to plug it into the RX. Horizon says to plug it into a Y harness or a Tls1 adapter. I'm only running one telemetry sensor because JR doesn't support two temp sensors. Apparently this is work in progress. Anyway can't I just plug this into the bind/sens port with an extension? I would need the adapter if I was running more than one telemetry sensor correct?

mikeh

70cc twin V2
Ok guys what would be a normal temp or high temp. I would like to set my alarm for high temp. I. Thinking 240.? New ball game for me.