• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

LamYak 40 Scratch build

3DNinja

30cc
As promised, I have edited the first post of this thread to include the scratch builders blueprints for this 3D monster.

SnowDog, you are correct that I ended up having to solder the rudder and elevator extensions on due to the female portion of the extensions not fitting through the tube. I soldered them, then I ran them through the tube. The male connector end fits inside the tube.

Also a neat trick that I used was when cutting the rear of the wing sheeting to accept the tube to come out of it was to sharpen one end of the tube from the inside so I could "drill" it by hand to make the perfectly shaped cutout.

Another thing I failed to mention is that the Saito engines come with the throttle lever on the left and the needle valve on the right. In this orientation you would have to have the servo on the top of the wing to get the geometry correct and you are burning your hand while trying to adjust the high end needle valve on the exhaust. I simply removed the carburator/intake tube and flipped it around.
Now I could run the servo on the bottom and the needle valve is on the top, making engine adjustments easier.