• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

lipo charging question 4.15 or 4.20 for max charge?

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Great comments guys thanks for sharing. I will definitly do this with my 6S Glacier 3300's and I think like you all on the small 2S packs being liquid fuel.

ka9fax

30cc
This is why I charge LiPos only to 4.15V. I heard that the military, where dependability counts even more, charge them to only 4V or so. Maybe a little more. Julez

If you want maximum life expectancy, charge as LiIon. Every 0.1V less doubles the life expectancy. Julez
[/I]
View attachment 5920[/QUOTE]

wow, well going by the graph is proof this works big time. 4.1 may not work for us but 4.15 should take us mid way into the graph.

ka9fax

30cc
I've not noticed any shorter flight times, with a mininum of 6 minutes flight team on each of my planes.

So... when I'm spending $50 or more per battery, I do what I can to preserve them: I charge to 95%, I store at 3.6-3.7v per cell when not in use, and I only charge at 3c max. It works for me.

-G[/QUOTE]
Really sounds good to me...tnx.

SnowDog

Hmmm....this is interesting info...I had not heard this before. I will start doing this with my 6S batteries which I purchased last year for my 65" Vyper and see how it goes. If charging just a small amount under max capacity will extend the life of the battery as has been suggested, I'm interested in trying it!

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Hmmm....this is interesting info...I had not heard this before. I will start doing this with my 6S batteries which I purchased last year for my 65" Vyper and see how it goes. If charging just a small amount under max capacity will extend the life of the battery as has been suggested, I'm interested in trying it!

Ill he trying this too. Given the reduced charging time, this might be worth it for that reason as well.