• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Lipo Rx Pack

emtp275

100cc
Ok I am looking to buy a few Rx packs I have been using Glacier 2S 2600 packs for my RX but i need a little more capacity and am looking at other options, I did look into Pulse but I use deans on every thing and this is not even an option with them, I would be willing to change any other high discharge connector to a deans but most Rx packs don't appear to use this, What are my options?

Bipeguy03

150cc
Flight Power Lipos use Deans Ultra connectors. I know a handful of guys that use them, seem to be pretty good packs.

I myself use Fromeco Lions, they will put any connector you want on their packs.

This year I am going to experiment with some other receiver packs with a higher discharge C rating. The reason for this is on my 40% IMAC plane with a power safe receiver and all deans connections I would see over a 1V drop during snaps. I was using Pulse 5000mah batteries. I also tested my 5200Fromeco LI-ions with a higher voltage drop. They have a 5C discharge rating I believe so I want to try a 25C or larger to experiment with. I did contact BuddyRC because they have the glacier packs but they also have a 5C rating. With weight in mind I will try Flight Power and or Thunder Power batteries. Not sure if I would even notice a difference but I want to give it a try.

5000 mAh battery X 5C discharge rating means those batteries will safely support a 25 Amp draw. I don't expect using higher C rated batteries will make a difference. But I am interested to hear the results.

5000 mAh battery X 5C discharge rating means those batteries will safely support a 25 Amp draw. I don't expect using higher C rated batteries will make a difference. But I am interested to hear the results.

I originally thought the same thing last year but playing with different C rated batteries on my electrics did change flight performance even though I was not maxing out the lowest C rated batteries I had. My current thought is and I will find out this summer is the higher C rated batteries can deliver the current better while maintaining a higher pack voltage. Just a theory that I cannot wait to test out. That's because I get to fly my big stuff again.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I originally thought the same thing last year but playing with different C rated batteries on my electrics did change flight performance even though I was not maxing out the lowest C rated batteries I had. My current thought is and I will find out this summer is the higher C rated batteries can deliver the current better while maintaining a higher pack voltage. Just a theory that I cannot wait to test out. That's because I get to fly my big stuff again.

Looking forward to hearing about your results, but like you said regardless of the results it's gonna be fun to test!!!! ;) :D

mikeh

70cc twin V2
How are you guys checking your batteries? Li-ions are good for a 1amp load check to 7volts. Can you follow the same rules for lipo? Second question, how many of you are running regulated lipos for a consistent feel on a HV system? Or can you really not feel the difference from the first flight to the third.