• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Looking for 3S 2250 sized Aeroabtic Plane to replace...

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
I want to take the equipment out of my Visionaire and put it in something else.The AS3X was taken out long ago, and I've been flying it with a standard receiver. Looking for something that will be aerobatic and also do some 3D/Freestyle stuff without being nasty. Any ideas?Something in the 50" range. My Visionaire is for sale too with much better servos if in the Pa, NJ, Del area.Can't ship ThanksBob

mndless

Don't know a thing..
48" Edge....

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/48edge.html   might be an option...

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
bob_nj said

Thanks, but that plane takes 4S packs and I don't have any.

Take care

Bob

You will be just fine using 3s in the EF 48" planes. Your equipment would work well in there.

thurmma

150cc
48_EFEdge_2.jpg

@bob_nj I have one of these and have an E-flite Power25 in it running on 3s 2200 Thor batteries. What a blast to fly!!! I can get at least 6-7 minutes of hard full speed flying and if I am just tooling around between 8 and 10 minutes! I have had a couple of other planes this size and they flew like bricks, but this one is light on the wing, looks great and is just fun to fly. You won't regret it
icon_smile.gif

48_EFEdge540.jpg

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Thanks thurmma

I'll look into the differences between the BL10 and Power25 today to see if I can use the BL10

Take care

Bob

O

Ohio AV8TOR

48" Extreme Flight MXS is crazy good 3D and as mentioned the Edge if you want a little more tame.  

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
[COLOR= #0000ff]The Plot Thickens.[/COLOR]There's a 3DHS 47" Extra NIB for sale not far from me.This would save me shipping too. Anyone flying this plane? ThanksBob

O

Ohio AV8TOR

bob_nj said
[COLOR= #0000ff]The Plot Thickens.[/COLOR]There's a 3DHS 47" Extra NIB for sale not far from me.This would save me shipping too. Anyone flying this plane? ThanksBob
I bought a 47" 3DHS Extra thinking it would be a nice plane to fly at work matching my DA60 87" 3DHS Extra.......ah no, not even close.  I did not like the slow flying of it at all and mix in and rudder going slow is a recipe for a snap.  Landings were not fun either because there is a threshold where it just quit flying with no notice. 

I bought the plane after seeing a cool video with Joe Smith flying it.  I now know how good Joe is and can make anything look good flying.  Over on RCG there is a lot written up on the 47" Extra.  Doc Austin had some good things to help and I added his mixing suggesting of adding down elevator with low throttle and it did help.  If you really want to go 3DHS the 42" Slick I had was cool as was the 48" Vyper.  With that said I still think the Extreme Flight planes fly better and are build stronger.  I broke/cracked a lot of wood pieces in my 3DHS planes just by lifting them up.