• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Loose Choke Ball and Spring

Has anyone ever had a loose choke rod as per the ball check thiingy lets the choke close while flying? If so, how did you fix it? Carb is on a old model DA 150 WB 27 is the number.

Even if I did have a loose ball or rod thingy, I don't think I would tell anyone.... shouldn't be too big a deal if you can get the screw holding the choke plate on out. It usually has lock tite on it, so a little heat helps and the end of the screw will be preened, or mushed out, so you may want to file it down. Then you can slide the rod out and stretch the spring to tighten it up and maybe clan up the detent in the rod. can be a little fiddly to get the ball and spring in and hold them in place while you slide the rod back in.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Dirt Doctor;2340 wrote: Has anyone ever had a loose choke rod as per the ball check thiingy lets the choke close while flying? If so, how did you fix it? Carb is on a old model DA 150 WB 27 is the number.

Yep it happens. All you need to do is stretch out the spring slightly. You first need to remove the choke blade and usually that scre has some blue locktite on it. Use a soldering iron to heat it up or heat you screwdriver tip first and let the screw heat up. Remove that screw and take away the choke plate. The ball and spring is on the opposite side of the choke lever. YOU NEED to cover that area with your fingers to stop the ball and spring from flying away. Cover the hole that the brass rod is coming out of and cover the top where the spring will push the ball up and out. Do this on a floor that you can find things if one falls. Just stretch out the spring some and re install everything. Don't forget to add more blue locktite to that screw as you don't want the motor to ingest it if it backs out.