• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mintor 60cc strange problem

Maor

New to GSN!
I have pretty new Mintor 60cc, I retuned it(stupid me!) and now I have strange problem

the engine start very easily, when I throttle up 34 and engine reach his max rpm, I throttle up a little more, the RPM stay the same and then after 4-5 second the engine start to die..it seem the high niddle is rich(I think)

I don't know what is the problem..

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Start with the easiest checks.

Fully charged ignition battery, electrical connections, fuel delivery, air leaks, spark plug, etc.

I just went through that with my DLE-111. Started great, smooth and consistent idle, and smooth operation up to about 4000 rpms. Above that the engine would just die. Problem was the small screen on the pump side of the carb. It was almost totally blocked with debris but enough fuel was able to get by for low speed operation. However when the high speed fuel delivery jet tried to kick in there wasn't enough fuel getting through the screen. Engine was starved for fuel and just died.

Removed the screen and clean it, problem solved.

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
When the engine dies, does it sound dry and boggy, or sputtering ?

As far as hitting max rpm @ 3/4 stick, check throttle geometry, end points, etc.

anndenn

New to GSN!
Hi Niddle is probably lean. try to open it a liddle. Most Carbed rc ingines will seem to hit max rpm at about 3/4 throttle. The dying is probably because of heat buildup because it is lean.

Did it just come back from factory? should be good inside now.