• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Modified Diamond Dust Build

BalsaDust

So here’s the plan. It’s by no means giant scale but should be fun. Never really had a go fast plane before but this one seems easy enough and I should be able to bash it into what I’m thinking pretty easy. So far I just have the plans printed up and have taken inventory so I know I have the wood needed, the carbon tubes needed, servos needed, and batteries I intend to use. Should only need to order a motor and esc. Stock wingspan is 34.5 inches and I’m dropping it back to 32ish but keeping the ribs stock sized. Basically the center section does not need to be as wide since I’m not slapping a fuel tank and other stuff like that in it. For power I will be running a 3542 outrunner around 1200kv turning probably a 8x8 prop with a 70-80amp esc using my existing 2200mah 3S lipos and possibly a prop change to run 4S as well. I don’t expect it to be blistering fast but what I have seen of a similar setup on a similar plane it should do around 90mph on 3S and possibly around 110-115 on 4S.

Now sit back and relax as it might be a few days before I start cutting parts.

935D1FFA-27EF-43DC-B51E-A30417EA5CAC.jpeg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Printed or email? I might do an electric size as practice for my K @ B 6.5 drum rotor engine.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
So here’s the plan. It’s by no means giant scale but should be fun. Never really had a go fast plane before but this one seems easy enough and I should be able to bash it into what I’m thinking pretty easy. So far I just have the plans printed up and have taken inventory so I know I have the wood needed, the carbon tubes needed, servos needed, and batteries I intend to use. Should only need to order a motor and esc. Stock wingspan is 34.5 inches and I’m dropping it back to 32ish but keeping the ribs stock sized. Basically the center section does not need to be as wide since I’m not slapping a fuel tank and other stuff like that in it. For power I will be running a 3542 outrunner around 1200kv turning probably a 8x8 prop with a 70-80amp esc using my existing 2200mah 3S lipos and possibly a prop change to run 4S as well. I don’t expect it to be blistering fast but what I have seen of a similar setup on a similar plane it should do around 90mph on 3S and possibly around 110-115 on 4S.

Now sit back and relax as it might be a few days before I start cutting parts.

View attachment 108268
Looks interesting not a lot to it. The only thing that may be hard to find is the .3 inch glass tubes. Do I see it correctly the ribs are triangular and not an airfoil.

BalsaDust

Printed or email? I might do an electric size as practice for my K @ B 6.5 drum rotor engine.

I can do either. I have the pdf saved on my laptop but if you want a printed set then just pay for postage. Email might work best though as you can scale it to whatever size you want it to be.

BalsaDust

Looks interesting not a lot to it. The only thing that may be hard to find is the .3 inch glass tubes. Do I see it correctly the ribs are triangular and not an airfoil.

I’m using carbon tubes I have on hand. Main spar tubes will be 12mm ones and the le spars will be carbon arrow shafts which are between 1/4”-5/16”.

Yes triangular ribs.