• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Muffler Bolt torque value?

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
I want to torque the muffler bolts on my DA120's and 60--I did not see values in the manual, is there a specific rating for this?

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
I actually have this written on my field box...
now I go look for my field box and be back hang on dude. I called DA for their spec.
brb
ok I wrote down 70 in lbs...
im 90% sure as my sharpie ink is wearinmg off. you may need to verify this.

Last edited:
TFAR........ That Feels About Right.

Typically, I use a lock washer and copper permatex. Tighten down using my long 4mm ball driver. I get one that occasionally comes loose, but more less since using permatex on bolts.

poprlite

50cc
I'll explain the best I can. I use the gasket that comes with the engine without any washer's. I tighten them with the short end of the ball wrench till it won't move. Then I turn the wrench to the long end and put another 1\4 turn, maybe more maybe less just depends on how it feel's. I torque my prop bolts to 85 ounce inch and when I break the bolts loose on the prop with the L wrench it feels about the same on the header too.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Just don't use the gasket that comes with the engine use the method explains above and you'll have trouble free flights.
As for the prop I think it's very important to use a torque wrench especially with carbon props.
What kind of wrench you're using and what's the torque for a 170 engine ??

poprlite

50cc
One action with several opinions, you just have to pick one and give it a try. I have always had great luck with my method without the first problem. Then taz says not to use gasket material. I'm not sure of torque will be the same if using gasket cause its squishy and gives to pressure.