• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

My Aerobeez Slick 540

I seen there was a section dedicated to Aerobeez Planes so I figured I would share about mine,,
Here is my aerobeez slick, (I have been told these are made by Peak models but I am not sure), I love this plane, I had one of their edge 540s with a dle-55 and loved it, ended up trading that plane and another for my 40%er,, regretted it every since. I was going to get another edge, I looked at the other color scheme, but out of respect for the fellow club member I traded with (so we didnt both have the same plane) , but decided to give the slick a try, as I had heard alot of good about this design.

I have about 20 flights on it now, and here is what I can tell you, a Dle-55 will throw this plane around like a rag doll, it is light, I can pop mine in a hover at 1/4 throttle and hold it all day there,, as far as flying characteristics,I run 3 sets of rates for each control surface, I set my throws to the control surface bevels on high rates 140% on my dx8, then a med 85%, and low 30%. On high rates this plane will do anything, actually overdue things,,, flip to low aileron, and elevator, leave full rudder on and it does super knife edge passes easily controlling up or down altitude with rudder deflection, I am still learning this plane and continually setting it up the way I want, but I can not stress enough of how much I like this plane,, all the guys at the field like it also, and cant believe how slow this thing flies,, and when done, set all my rates on low, make my approach and it floats in so nice, it really does almost land itself,

-Only complaints I have are the wheel pants suck, they are plastic and if you even bump them the paint will crack and come off, although I hear they are going back to fiberglass pants,,,
-The wing tube was super tight in the wings, a little sanding fixed that,
-The engine box definately needs support,I mean really, I pinned mine, added triangle stock, and then glassed it to make it strong
-The yellow and white bottom is hard to see when its high in the TEXAS sky,, I am putting black stripes on to help me with that

thanks Aerobeez this is a fantastic plane,

The only thing I plan on doing is making and installing a set of SFG's for this plane, (I see the new one has them already) This is my favorite plane to fly,,

here is my setup

DLE-55 stock muffler

Xoar 23x8 sword prop

carbon fiber spinner with aluminum backing plate

hobbico lifesource battery 6.6 2300mah with a MPI external regulator for the ignition

Hangtime Hobbies NOBS A123 life pack 6.6 volts 2500 mah un-regulated feeding the rx

Spektrum ar9020 rx with 3 satellites

(4) SAVOX 1256TG on the ailerons, and elevators

(1) hitec 7954sh servo on the rudder

Rxcel optical ignition kill switch

Miracle dual power switch

Fortitude fuel tank

quick fuel fill valve

better hangar 9 pro-lite wheels 3.5 on mains and 1.5 on tail

Here are a couple pix,, I will post more later this week,,,when my custom graphics arrive and I have them installed,,,

Attachments

• 1045248_4223564326075_1348478219_n.jpg
    1045248_4223564326075_1348478219_n.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 532363_4322470838676_1854197215_n.jpg
    532363_4322470838676_1854197215_n.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 290
  • IMAG0612.jpg
    IMAG0612.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 329

SnowDog

Looks good raron, looking forward to seeing some video and some pics with the graphics applied! Would also like to see the bottom before and after black stripes are applied.

Will do SnowDog

Wedoitall cant say for sure it can stand up to anyone all I know is I am hard on it, and it seems to be holding up fine, I have hit it with full throttle tumbles, and snap rolls, no problems,, I know those are some high force moves,,

gyro

GSN Contributor
Will do SnowDog

Wedoitall cant say for sure it can stand up to anyone all I know is I am hard on it, and it seems to be holding up fine, I have hit it with full throttle tumbles, and snap rolls, no problems,, I know those are some high force moves,,

If its built anything like the 73" Yak I just got, than I'd suspect it's up to the task! :)

hone

150cc
I thought an OMP yak was up to the task but I proved that wrong last week.

What size? My friend had a 50cc OMP Yak that he beat the poop out of for a few years before he sold it. Now another guy at my club is abusing it. He was doing full throttle blenders all the time, i seriously thought it was going to explode haha

This Slick looks pretty nice. I'd like to see some more reports from people who have flown the plane.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

What size? My friend had a 50cc OMP Yak that he beat the poop out of for a few years before he sold it. Now another guy at my club is abusing it. He was doing full throttle blenders all the time, i seriously thought it was going to explode haha

This Slick looks pretty nice. I'd like to see some more reports from people who have flown the plane.

the 108" yak. cracked the side of the fuse doing a wall. lol a tiny lil wall. yea id like to see some more flight reports on the AB slick. saw a video o P-huck flying the crap out of it. but not many high G moves

gyro

GSN Contributor
the 108" yak. cracked the side of the fuse doing a wall. lol a tiny lil wall. yea id like to see some more flight reports on the AB slick. saw a video o P-huck flying the crap out of it. but not many high G moves

I've never flown an OMP, but aside from Kevin Garland, I don't see many of the top pilots flying them... :confused:

The AB Yak we have it built like a brick s__house, and we're planning to give Brian Strachan the keys for the the demo flight. I think he'll be able to abuse it appropriately!

now... to get some time to build it :p