• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

My TEAM....(For us sports nuts)

I thought I would Setup a thread for us sports fans - to have some banter (don't have to be nasty or disrespectful to eachother but a little rib pulling and making fun should be in order ;) ), share clips, highlights, funny moments...etc.... and to throw a few insults who have let you down...cost you money and general chit chat....

It can be sports from American Football - Football (you Americans eloquently call Soccer...pronouncing it Sockaaah :( ) only rule has to be a team sport

Anyway.... I support Arsenal Football club (good start to season).... and I support the Oakland Raiders (not so great start)

Anyway here is a highlight video clip of a midweek game for the league cup with a mixed team and lots of stars resting as facing lower opposition..

[video=youtube;aeLuTCym7H8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeLuTCym7H8[/video]

Have to admit baseball the rules the whys the hows...etc and all those numbers quoted goes right over my head :eek:

But guess it's the same for you guys and cricket....I remember when we had some northrup grumman guys over and we used to go to lunch at the university campus bar and the cricket world cup was on the big screens...man that was so funny trying to explain the rules and although they loved watching it every day.....some of the terms threw them especially...a wrong un or a googlie...or silly mid on....

Eagle34

50cc
Bravos (Braves for those not in the know) for Baseball, Carolina (fan since they became a team, but kinda partial to the Aints due to my location) for American Football, Hurricanes for Hockey (also like the Caps.) The 88 team (Dale Jr.) in NASCAR (its a team sport also), and its a toss up between Arsenal and Manchester United (kinda a conflict of interest there :megaroll:) for Football (or Soccer as those of us in the States call it.)

Eagle34

50cc
Have to admit baseball the rules the whys the hows...etc and all those numbers quoted goes right over my head :eek:

But guess it's the same for you guys and cricket....I remember when we had some northrup grumman guys over and we used to go to lunch at the university campus bar and the cricket world cup was on the big screens...man that was so funny trying to explain the rules and although they loved watching it every day.....some of the terms threw them especially...a wrong un or a googlie...or silly mid on....

I've watched many of matches but still don't get it, how does one game last so long (days?) I've finally gotten to the point I can understand Rugby. Springboks or the All Blacks for Rugby. Love the Maori war dance the All Blacks do before a match. Kinda intimidating.

I've watched many of matches but still don't get it, how does one game last so long (days?) I've finally gotten to the point I can understand Rugby. Springboks or the All Blacks for Rugby. Love the Maori war dance the All Blacks do before a match. Kinda intimidating.

Yeah the Haka is something to behold - whats with the tongues?? but yeah when you got 6ft 6" 20 stone guys that can bench press a car screaming at you a few meters away in a war dance and the fact they know they can smash every bone in your body in a tackle is something to be feared for sure....for those alien to the Haka I have enclosed a video....

[video=youtube;LhtE4t3Alug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhtE4t3Alug&feature=related[/video]

What's the point?

LOL - the point young gun is simple they mean to smash you and hurt you and run over you.....and if you watch New Zealand play...and watch carefully some of the off the ball tackles they do on people are just sick...but the Haka is a signal of intent...and because the opposition knowns what they are like - I have seen big men from opposite teams tremble and visibly shake when they do the Haka....akin to when Mike Tyson in his hey day stepped into the ring..and stared at his opponent when touching gloves...with the eyes that said to them DEAD MEAT...

Here is the big man Jonah Lomou from the All blacks....smashing his way through people...

[video=youtube;OsXTa7UCGlk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsXTa7UCGlk[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well tonights football was about as lame as it gets....

England just aren't good enough...there will be the usual ' the pitch was rubbish ' the fact they couldn't play last night due to the waterlogged pitch was rubbish...the fact it was under a closed roof was rubbish...the referee was rubbish...but frankly the players and the team...was rubbish...

What a waist of 90 mins which I won't get back